This easy greek salad dressing recipe takes minutes to whip up and is super versatile. Loaded with olive oil, vinegar, a touch of honey, dijon, garlic, and loads of spices, this dressing can be used as a marinade for chicken, a dressing for pasta salads, and so much more!
I’m back with another salad dressing recipe! Today, we’re talkin’ Greek Salad Dressing. This summer, I’ve been seriously CRAVING those bright, fresh, tangy mediterranean flavors, and today’s recipe totally fits the bill.
This quick and easy, healthy homemade vinaigrette is obviously great for a leafy green chopped salad, but it can be SO much more than that.
How to use Greek salad dressing:
- As a salad dressing – obvi. 😉
- As a chicken marinade (It would be great for these greek kebabs)
- As a veggie marinade (roasted veg anyone?)
- As a pasta salad dressing (orzo pasta salad recipe coming soon!)
How would YOU use this Greek salad dressing?
As you can see, this salad dressing is SUPER versatile, which is why I love always having a batch in the fridge. Luckily for us, it’s also super quick, easy, and healthy.
What is Greek dressing made of?
Greek dressing is made of oil, red wine vinegar, honey, dijon garlic, and spices: oregano, basil, dill, onion powder, salt, and pepper! Throw everything into a mason jar, blender or food processor and you’re done!
Can you make Greek salad dressing the day before? How long does it last in the fridge?
You can absolutely make this dressing in advance. Store it in a sealed, airtight container in the fridge for up to a week!
Is Greek dressing bad for you?
While Greek dressing CAN be bad for you, this recipe is definitely healthy! I like using a 1:1 oil and vinegar ratio (vs the traditional 3:1 – 3 parts oil to 1 part vinegar) to lessen the calories. Plus, we only use a TOUCH of all natural honey for sweetness, then load up the spices for maximum flavor.
Can I make this easy Greek salad dressing vegan?
Yes! Replace the honey with agave or sugar and you’ve got yourself a vegan dressing.
More Healthy Salad Dressing Recipes:
- Homemade Italian Dressing
- Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing
- Homemade Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing
- Easy Balsamic Vinaigrette
I am totally in love with this dressing recipe and I really can’t decide my favorite way to use it . . . although I know you’re going to fall head over heels for that orzo pasta salad coming your way soon. 😉
Whether you want it on veggies, chicken, or tossed into a salad . . .
. . . you can’t go wrong!
What other healthy salad dressing recipes do you need? Show Me the Yummy!
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2- 4 cloves garlic pressed using a garlic press
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon salt
- Place olive oil, vinegar, honey, dijon, garlic, oregano, basil, dill, onion powder, pepper, and salt into a mason jar, blender, or food processor.
- Seal and shake or blend until well combined.
- Taste and re-season if necessary.
- Use immediately.
- Store leftovers in a sealed airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Let come to room temperature before serving.
* This post contains affiliate links. We receive a commission on purchases made via these links. The price you pay is not affected by using them.