At only 60 calories, these Turkey Meatballs are the perfect, healthy, easy, weeknight meal. These are made without breadcrumbs, are gluten free, and are so juicy!
But let’s put the past behind us and focus on the awesomeness that is this Turkey Meatballs Recipe.
A short, wholesome ingredient list, a few minutes of prep, and your choice of pasta (zoodles, whole grain, gluten free, anything) is all you need to make this healthy, easy weeknight meal.
I should also mention that these do not contain breadcrumbs, so these are perfect for those trying to cut back on carbs.
Get ready to have the best, the easiest, the HEALTHIEST, the T.A.S.T.I.E.S.T. Turkey Meatballs.
You ready for this?
You guys know that I think pasta and red sauce is one of life’s greatest guilty pleasures, but today, I’ve stepped it up a notch, made it healthier, and STILL kept it super super simple.
You only need 8 ingredients for these Turkey Meatballs: ground turkey (♡), an egg, freshly shaved parmesan, garlic powder, onion powder, dried basil, salt, and pepper. It sounds simple, but holy COW these are packed with flavor.
You’ll combine all those ingredients together in a large bowl, use this cookie scoop to scoop them into 18 little meatballs (only 60 calories per meatball 🙌 ), and broil them for 5 minutes in your oven.
After that, all that’s left to do is simmer them in the pasta sauce of your choice and serve ’em up with your fave pasta!
Today, I decided to serve them with my favorite whole grain pasta and. . .
This was my first time making zoodles.
I know, I know, I’m like waaaaaay behind, but the important thing is that I am now officially on the zucchini noodle train. It’s all thanks to Ali over at Inspiralized, because she was generous enough to send an Inspiralizer my way.
It’s SO cool. You must get one and make all the spiralized things.
I absolutely loved zoodles, but I’m super excited to try sweet potato noodles and apple noodles!
Because I was a newbie to zucchini noodles, I wanted to ease my way in and serve these Turkey Meatballs with half zucchini noodles and half whole grain spaghetti.
I personally loved the combination. I still felt really healthy, but my carbo loving self, still got some beloved carbs in. 😉
Oh! And I should mention that I kept that zoodles raw and let me just say hellloooo amazing texture. Juicy meatballs, plus tender pasta, and slightly crunchy zucchini?
While the texture of this dish is spot on, what really gets me is how darn flavorful these Turkey Meatballs are. Slightly salty and cheesy thanks to the parmesan, and the combo of garlic, onion, and basil is just. . .
UGH it’s too good!
Healthy, quick, and easy, these Turkey Meatballs are for sure going to be a family favorite.
What should I spiralize next? Show Me the Yummy!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/4 cup freshly shaved parmesan
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (24 oz) jar red pasta sauce
- 1/2 pound whole grain spaghetti
- 1/2 pound zucchini noodles watch video for reference on how to make them
- Fresh basil chopped
- Preheat broiler on high for 5 minutes.
- Combine all meatball ingredients in large bowl.
- Use your hands to mix the ingredients.
- Use a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop 18 meatballs onto a rimmed cookie sheet.
- Broil on top rack for 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, bring pasta sauce to a low simmer.
- Add in cooked meatballs and simmer together for 5-10 minutes or until meatballs are completely cooked through.
- Serve with your choice of pasta, fresh basil, more parmesan and enjoy!
*Nutrition is for 1 meatball (out of 18) excluding the pasta sauce, pasta, and garnish.