A healthy version of a take out classic, you’re going to LOVE this Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe. Super quick, easy, healthy, and of course delicious! A new low carb favorite. Loaded with pre-made frozen riced cauliflower and all your favorite fried rice flavors!
Healthy eating doesn’t have to be hard or boring, so I know you’ll love these other easy healthy weeknight dinner recipes: ground turkey fried rice, turkey tacos, instant pot carnitas, and slow cooker teriyaki chicken!
I seriously can’t get enough of this chicken cauliflower fried rice!
It’s so good.
QUICK AND EASY to make!
This has definitely become a weeknight dinner staple in the Debth household. If I’m at a loss at what to make for dinner and there are no leftovers in the fridge . . .
chicken cauliflower fried rice to the rescue!
First things first. I know there’s an elephant in the room and I’m just going to address it now . . .
What does cauliflower rice taste like?
That’s the number one question I get in one form or another . . . What does it taste like? Does it taste like rice? Is it actually good?!
The short answer: yummy, no, yes. 😉
The longer answer . . .
- It tastes like cauliflower, which to me, is a pretty mild flavor, so it’s the PERFECT base for bold asian inspired flavors like today’s chicken cauliflower fried rice recipe.
- No, it does not taste like rice.
- If you go into this taking it for what it is: cauliflower, not sticky white rice – you’re gonna love it!
- Plus, like I just said, cauliflower has a very mild flavor, a similar (no, not identical) texture to rice, and it’s lower in calories and carbs for those that need lower calorie/carb meal options. Win. Win. Win. If you ask me!
- Yes, it’s absolutely delicious! Honestly, I doubt you’ll even taste/notice it, because there’s so many other tasty yummies goin’ on in this recipe.
Can you buy cauliflower rice?
YES! And please do. It’s SO much easier than making your own. 😉 That being said, if you’re interested in the homemade version, you can check out this cauliflower rice recipe.
I personally prefer buying my cauliflower rice at the store. It’s easier, it’s more consistent, and heck, it tastes really good. You can find it in the freezer section . . . I always use Green Giant!
If you guys have any other cauliflower rice questions, let me know in the comments below, but for now, let’s make some chicken cauliflower fried rice already!
- Melt coconut oil in a large non stick skillet
- Stir in onion, carrot, garlic powder, ground ginger, and black pepper
- Cook above until the carrots are tender
- Pour in yumminess: soy sauce, seasoned rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, chili garlic sauce
- Add in cooked chicken (use leftover rotisserie or cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts) and frozen cauliflower rice
- Stir until warm, about 5 minutes
- Drizzle with sesame oil (OMG YUM)
- Serve with: fried egg, cilantro, green onions, sesame seeds, and sriracha (if you’re feeling a little extra spicy)
This chicken cauliflower fried rice recipe comes together in less than 30 minutes and is seriously so packed with flavor. I love the combination of sweet hoisin, salty soy sauce, tangy vinegar, and mildly spicy chili garlic sauce <– seriously, drool city over here.
If you’re looking for a quick, healthy weeknight dinner . . . what are you waiting for?!
And make some chicken cauliflower fried rice. 🙂
Do you want more recipes using cauliflower rice? Show Me the Yummy!
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion diced
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin
- 1/2 tablespoon chili garlic sauce more or less to taste, we like 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 pound cooked chicken diced
- 1 (12 oz) package Green Giant Rice Veggies Cauliflower Medley this is frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 large eggs fried for topping
- Cilantro for garnish if desired
- Green onion for garnish if desired
- Sesame seeds for garnish if desired
- Sriracha for garnish if desired
Melt coconut oil in a large non stick skillet over medium heat.
Once melted, add in onion, carrot, garlic, ginger, and black pepper.
Cook until the carrots are tender, stirring often, about 10 minutes.
Next, stir in soy sauce, vinegar, hoisin, and chili garlic sauce.
Then, stir in cooked chicken and frozen cauliflower rice.
Cook until the chicken and “rice” have warmed through.
Stir in sesame oil and taste and re-season, if necessary.
- Serve with eggs and other garnishes, if desired!
Nutritional information does not include the fried eggs or other garnishes.
*You can make this gluten free, just be sure to check all your ingredient labels - there are brands of soy sauce (tamari) that are gluten free. 🙂