This balsamic vinaigrette is a quick, easy, and healthy salad dressing recipe. Made with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, garlic, and salt!
While making homemade dressings and vinaigrettes may sound daunting, I PROMISE you, they’re actually super easy to make. I love making my own salad dressings for many reasons:
- YOU control the ingredients. Which means, you can make your salad dressing taste exactly how you want AND you can make it healthier than store bought.
- It’s more cost effective and less wasteful. Instead of buying a whole bottle that inevitably goes bad, you can make as much or as little dressing as you like.
- You can have more variety. Because you’re not buying huge bottles of dressings, you can make a few different flavors for the week.
- They’re easy. I’m telling you, homemade dressings are easy.
I have a bunch of healthy vinaigrettes coming your way and today, we’re starting strong with a classic: easy balsamic vinaigrette.
Balsamic vinaigrette dressing ingredients:
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Dijon mustard
Easy balsamic vinaigrette recipe:
- Place olive oil, vinegar, honey, dijon, garlic, and salt into a mason jar or container.
- Tightly seal, shake, and serve!
Is balsamic vinegar good for you?
Short answer: yes, balsamic vinegar is good for you. If you’d like to read more about the health benefits of balsamic vinegar, I’d suggest checking out this article.
Balsamic vinaigrette calories:
This balsamic vinaigrette has 62 calories per tablespoon.
Is balsamic dressing healthy?
It depends on the brand or recipe, but THIS balsamic dressing is absolutely healthy. Loaded with good healthy fats, vinegar (which is low in calories yet PACKED with flavor), a touch of honey, and garlic . . . I consider this recipe extremely healthy!
What is the healthiest dressing for a salad?
It’s hard to say what the healthiest dressing for a salad is, but here are some of my favorite healthy dressing recipes:
What other healthy dressings do YOU want to see?
What foods go with balsamic vinegar?
Storing balsamic vinaigrette
Place the balsamic vinaigrette into a sealed, airtight container or mason jar, then store in the fridge for up to a couple months. Although this only lasts about a week in our house, before it’s gone! 😉
Separation will occur, so just give it a shake before serving.
My fridge is really cold and sometimes my oil will congeal, if that’s the case for you, just warm the dressing up in the microwave for about 30 seconds, then give it a shake, and serve!
How long does balsamic vinaigrette last?
This balsamic vinaigrette should last for a couple months in the fridge.
Ways to use balsamic vinaigrette
- Lettuce or spinach salads – recipe coming soon!
- Marinade for tomatoes
- Roasted vegetables
- This would be great for my balsamic roasted veggies
- Marinade for meat
- chicken – recipe coming soon!
How would YOU use this balsamic vinaigrette?
A super simple recipe that’s PACKED with flavor AND super versatile?
Sign. Me. Up.
Easy Balsamic Vinaigrette
Equipment for this recipe
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 4 cloves garlic pressed using a garlic press
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place ingredients into a sealable container or mason jar.
- Seal, then shake until fully combined.
- Taste and re-season, if necessary.
- Serve or store in sealed container or mason jar in the fridge for up to a couple months.
- See post above for serving suggestions, if separation occurs, etc.
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.