These roasted garlic cheddar beer biscuits are easy to make and totally sinful! A tender biscuit made with Blue Moon and stuffed with roasted garlic, shredded cheddar cheese, and rosemary.
I am a very happy lady. Why? Because I just made the best biscuits ever and they’re called roasted garlic cheddar beer biscuits. They sorta remind me of the kind from Red Lobster (you know you all secretly love them), but better, because these are made with beer and roasted garlic and rosemary.
I’m also very happy, because right now, as I’m typing, Teddy is having a play date with his neighbor friend Reggie and nothing is better than a tired dog.
Well, these biscuits are better than a tired dog, but a tired dog is surely a close second.
Watching these two play is so stinkin’ cute. They have tons of fun together, and Teddy is always exhausted for the rest of the day. It kinda makes me feel bad that Teddy is an only child. Maybe now is the time that Teddy gets a little furry baby brother? He definitely needs a more regular playmate. I think we all need to come together and convince Trevor that it’s time. I mean, I already have his name picked out!
Yep! His name would be Bear, so then we’d have a Teddy and a Bear! Teddy Bear! It’s totally dorky, but come on, it’s totally cute, too. Right?
But enough Teddy talk, let’s talk biscuits.
When I was making these biscuits, I just started throwing things into the dough that I thought sounded good together. A little roasted garlic, a little cheese, a pinch of rosemary, and heck let’s just throw in some beer! I was reeeeeally hungry when I made these.
As these were baking off in the oven, I get a knock on the door. I was so confused, because I don’t typically get visitors during the day and wasn’t expecting a package. I look through my little peep hole….it’s Trevor and he has his hungry face on.
I open the door and he immediately asks, “What is that smell?! Is it coming from here?!” I happily tell him that I was just about to pull my latest creation, roasted garlic cheddar beer biscuits, out of the oven.
Let’s just say, I took these out of the oven and they were gone before they even had a chance to cool. Oh yea, this was a recipe success.
I love these roasted garlic cheddar beer biscuits, because your house will smell ridiculously delicious and *BONUS!* they taste even better. These biscuits are really soft and definitely one of the most flavorful biscuits I’ve had. The roasted garlic adds a nice depth of flavor, and I love the herby rosemary mixed with the cheddar. Oh, and I forgot to tell you, before you bake these biscuits you’re going to slather the tops with a little mixture of melted butter and roasted garlic olive oil. Are you drooling yet?
Long story short, I’m a very happy lady right now, because I have one tired puppy and one very happy belly.
What are your favorite biscuit mix-ins? Show me the yummy!
Roasted Garlic Cheddar Beer Biscuits
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter cold
- 2 tablespoons shortening room temperature
- 1/2 cup Sour cream cold
- 1/2 cup Blue Moon beer cold
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 6 cloves garlic roasted and then finely minced*
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic oil*
- *Roast your garlic, before starting the recipe...instructions in the notes below!*
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, baking powder/soda, salt, and dried rosemary.
- Cut in butter/shortening, using a fork, and set aside.
- Gently combine Blue Moon, sour cream, cheese, and garlic in another bowl.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and then stir in Blue Moon/sour cream mixture.
- Stir until just combined.
- Dump the dough onto floured surface. Sprinkle top with flour and then gently knead 6 times.
- Roll out the dough until it’s an inch thick.**
- Cut out biscuits using a 2 inch round pastry/cookie cutter.***
- Cut straight down. Don’t twist!
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Mix together 1 tablespoon melted butter and 1 tablespoon oil from the roasted garlic. Brush the tops of each biscuit.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes or until the tops are golden and the center of the biscuit is cooked through.
*Note: Nutritional information is estimated and varies based on products used.