Baked Fish Tacos: Flaky and flavorful fish piled into warm corn tortillas, topped with a fresh, crunchy slaw for a tasty and healthy twist on a classic!
These Baked Fish Tacos are everything. If you know me, then you know that I love Mexican food more than anything. While I LOVE going out for Mexican food, I LOVE making it at home even more. These Baked Fish Tacos, a margarita, and some chips with salsa, and I’m in food HEAVEN.
What kind of fish do you use for fish tacos?
Tilapia is a great fish for tacos, because it’s very mild and flaky. Cod is also another great option.
What spices to use for fish tacos
These fish tacos use a combination of paprika, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Throw in cayenne pepper for some heat or keep things really simple and use a store-bought packet of taco seasoning!
How to make
- Marinate tilapia with spices and coconut oil, place onto a silicone mat lined baking sheet, then bake until flaky.
- Cut fish into chunks, pile onto corn tortillas, top with slaw and/or toppings of choice, and enjoy!
What toppings do you put on a fish taco?
We love topping these tacos with a homemade slaw of cabbage, cilantro, lime, oil, honey, and salt, but feel free to use any of these other topping ideas:
What to serve with fish tacos
Serve these tacos up with rice and beans for a completely meal. Don’t forget the chips and salsa!
How to store
Store leftover fish and slaw in separate airtight containers in the fridge for up to 4 days. Fish can be frozen for up to 2 months, but I do not recommend freezing the slaw.
To enjoy again, thaw, if frozen, then heat the fish in the microwave or oven until warm.
Baked Fish Tacos Recipe
Equipment for this recipe
Baked Fish Tacos
- 1 pound tilapia
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt more to less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/4 cup cilantro minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- salt to taste
Baked Fish Tacos
- Place tilapia, coconut oil, paprika, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper into a gallon sized ziplock baggie and marinate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- Place the contents of the ziplock baggie onto the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, or until the tilapia is fully cooked and easily flakes with a fork.
- Cut into chunks, then serve in tortillas with slaw and/or toppings of choice!
- In a large bowl, stir together coleslaw, cabbage, cilantro, lime, oil, honey, and salt until combined. Store, covered, in fridge until ready to use.
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.