Healthy Baked Fish Tacos! Tilapia + spices + loads of lime all piled into a corn tortilla and topped with a fresh, crunchy slaw! Healthy easy deliciousness for the win!
If you know me, then you know that I love Mexican food more than anything.
If you know me, then you know I’m super pumped that Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner, and you better believe I’ll be celebrating.
While I LOVE going out for Mexican food, I LOVE making it at home even more.
These Baked Fish Tacos + a margarita,
maybe – ok definitely – some chips and salsa and I’m in food HEAVEN.
I love making Mexican food at home, because often it’s healthier, and this recipe, in particular, is super easy and delicious.
So who’s ready for some tacos?!
You guyyyyys. Guess what?
Trevor and I (and Teddy, of course) are in Salt Lake City right now! Sooo if you have any food recs definitely LMK in the comments below, please! 🙂
So far, we’ve had some really great Thai, ah-mazing Asian style wings, pretty good Indian, and yes . . .
TONS of yummy Mexican food.
PS – Do you guys want to see a round up of all the places we ate in SLC? So much good food.
Since it’s Monday, it’s back to reality, and back to cooking for ourselves.
We DO have a kitchen at the place we’re staying, but I don’t have a ton of my cooking supplies.
You know what that means?
I need all things easy.
Enter: Baked Fish Tacos.
What kind of fish do you use for fish tacos?
Today, we’re using tilapia, because it’s super mild and flakey and I LOVE it. You could also use cod, but then you may need to adjust the cook time.
What spices to use for fish tacos?
- chili powder
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- salt + pep
How do you make oven baked fish tacos?
- Whisk together the spices.
- Pour some coconut oil over the tilapia then rub in the spices and add some lime < — let marinate for 30 minutes
What toppings do you put on a fish taco?
Today, we’re making a slaw!
Throw above into a bowl and toss to combine! I love this slaw as a topping for fish tacos, because it’s bright, flavorful, and adds GREAT texture.
Next step, assemble!
Corn tortilla –> fish –> slaw.
These Baked Fish Tacos are SO fresh and yummy and you saw… so darn quick and easy to make!
And letmetellyou, even fish taco haterz LOVED these fish tacos.
Whether you’re looking for something easy, something healthy, and/or something delicious to make for Cinco de Mayo or just a weeknight meal.
These tacos got you covered.
Do you want to see more healthy fish recipes? More taco recipes? Show Me the Yummy!
- 1 pound tilapia
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt more to less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/4 -1/3 cup cilantro minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- salt to taste
- Place all taco ingredients (tilapia, coconut oil, and spices) into a gallon sized ziplock baggie.
- Marinate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- Place the contents of the ziplock baggie onto the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, or until the tilapia is fully cooked and easily flakes with a fork.
- Cut into chunks.
- In a large bowl, stir together all slaw ingredients (coleslaw, cabbage, cilantro, lime, oil, honey, and salt). Store, covered, in fridge until ready to use.
- Fill a corn tortilla with cubed fish and top with slaw, extra lime, cotija, avocado, etc!
Nutritional information DOES include the slaw.