A classic, Easy Margarita Recipe. 5 ingredients: tequila, simple syrup (or agave), lime, lemon, and orange juice! A simply perfect and refreshing cocktail!
It’s no secret that I love a good margarita.
On the rocks.
They’re tart, they’re just a little sweet, and they’re beyond refreshing. . . what’s not to love?
The other day, I was whipping up a homemade margarita for Trevor and I and I realized that I didn’t have a really good, classic, easy margarita recipe here on SMTY.
[obviously I see the pattern that I’m obsessed with sweet and spicy margaritas]
but there was no classic margarita to be found.
Well, today, all things have changed for the better.
How do you make a homemade margarita?
- Lime/lemon/orange juice
- Simple syrup/agave
Mix above together over ice and BOOM. Homemade margarita.
Oh, and PSST – I almost forgot, Trevor and I went LIVE on Facebook and made a fun little video that you can see below! We’re hoping to make this a regular thing, so just head to Show Me the Yummy on Facebook and we’ll see you there!
Funnily enough, this recipe came to be, because I had run out of lime juice, but wanted to make a margarita.
I mean, I had a little lime juice, but not enough to make a pitcher and I neeeeeeeded to make a pitcher.
What to do? What to do?
How do you make a pitcher of margaritas?
Well, I did have lemon and orange juice.
I combined the lime juice with the lemon and orange, added tequila, and a teeny bit of simple syrup and the BEST classic, easy margarita recipe was born.
For a pitcher, you’ll need:
- 16 oz tequila
- 4 oz lime juice
- 4 oz lemon juice
- 4 oz orange juice
- 4-8 oz simple syrup or agave
That being said, the best part about this recipe is that it’s totally customizable!
Like your margaritas a little sweeter? Add more simple syrup.
Don’t have or want to make simple syrup? Use agave!
How do you make a top shelf margarita?
You could even get fancy and use a nicer tequila and add a splash of Grand Marnier. Boom! Top shelf margaritas for all!
Whatever you do, just promise me you’ll use lime, lemon, AND orange juice.
I’m telling you, it’s life changing.
Make enough for a crowd or scale it down and just serve one!
How do you make a single serving margarita?
For a single margarita, you’ll need:
- 2 oz tequila
- 1 1/2 oz juice (I just squeezed a lemon, a lime, and an orange into a container, mixed it up and measured out 1 1/2 oz)
- 1/2 – 1 oz simple syrup or agave
Also. Serve these up in these mason jars with a salted rim, because mason jars are still cool and I think they’re adorable!
So. I know it’s only Wednesday, but make this Easy Margarita Recipe for Thirsty Thursday, play some music, sit outside and just. . .
Do you think SMTY needs another margarita recipe? I’m thinkin’ yes. 😉 What should I make next? Show Me the Yummy!
Easy Margarita Recipe
Equipment for this recipe
- 16 oz tequila 2 cups
- 4 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 oz freshly squeezed orange juice
- 4 - 8 oz simple syrup or agave* 1/2 - 1 cup
- 2 oz tequila
- 1 1/2 oz juice (a combo of lime, lemon, and orange juice)
- 1/2 - 1 oz simple syrup or agave*
- Combine equal parts water and granulated sugar (ex: 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar) into a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat until sugar has dissolved. This will take a few minutes.
- Cool and store, covered, in the fridge.
- In a large pitcher, combine all ingredients.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour over ice and enjoy!
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.