These Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders are a quick and easy, crowd pleasing appetizer. Chicken is coated with brown sugar and chili, wrapped in bacon, then baked until ultra juicy!
This ingredient list is so simple you probably have just about everything on hand already!
- Ranch Seasoning Mix, Chili Powder, Cayenne Pepper, Paprika, and Salt – our seasoning blend! Together these spices add tons of creamy, sweet, spicy, salty flavor to the dish.
- Dark Brown Sugar – adds a rich, sweet, molasses flavor and creates a sticky finger-licking-good sauce!
- Raw Chicken Breast Tenderloins – use boneless and skinless tenderloins. You can cut your own out of whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts, but I prefer finding them pre-cut at the grocery store for ease.
- Bacon – wrapped around the chicken for a delicious smoky flavor and chewy/slighty crispy texture.
- Honey Mustard – highly recommended for dipping, if desired!
How to make
These bacon wrapped chicken tenders take just 15 minutes to prep!
- In a small bowl, whisk together ranch seasoning, paprika, and salt.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together brown sugar, chili powder, and cayenne then sprinkle half of the mixture into a greased baking dish.
- Dump the ranch mixture into a gallon-sized ziplock baggie then add in chicken tenders. Seal and shake until the tenders are fully coated.
- Wrap each chicken tender in bacon then place them into the baking dish. Top with the remaining brown sugar mix.
- Bake at 350ºF for 25-30 minutes, sprinkle with salt, then serve with honey mustard and enjoy!
How long to bake
Bacon wrapped chicken tenders should bake in a preheated 350ºF oven for 25-30 minutes or until the bacon and chicken have cooked through. If you’d like crispier bacon, feel free to broil at the end until the desired consistency as been reached. Watch out for overcooking the chicken.
What chicken to use
Use raw boneless, skinless chicken breast tenderloins. You’ll find them next to the rest of the chicken at any grocery store. If you can’t find tenderloins, create your own from boneless, skinless chicken breasts by slicing 1 pound of chicken lengthwise to create 7 even strips.
What bacon to use
Use “regular” cut bacon for these bacon wrapped chicken tenders. Thick cut will take much longer to cook fully which may result in overcooked chicken.
What to serve with bacon wrapped chicken tenders
I absolutely love these bacon wrapped chicken tenders as an appetizer dipped in homemade honey mustard. The tang from the mustard goes so well with the sweet and smoky flavors from the brown sugar, bacon, and seasonings. They’re also so yummy paired with some flavorful side dishes to turn them into a full meal:
- Balsamic Roasted Vegetables
- Baked Mac and Cheese
- Roasted Potatoes
- Pear, Blue Cheese, Candied Pecan Salad
- Instant Pot Broccoli
How to store
Leftover tenders will last in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for 2-3 months. To reheat, thaw in the fridge if frozen then bake to warm and re-crisp. – Jennifer
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders
Equipment for this recipe
- 1 (1 oz) packet ranch seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoons salt plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper omit if you don’t like spice
- 1 pound raw boneless, skinless chicken breast tenderloins 7 tenders total
- 7 slices uncooked bacon use regular cut, not thick cut
- Honey mustard for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ranch seasoning, paprika, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together brown sugar, chili powder, and cayenne, then sprinkle half the mixture into the prepared dish to lightly coat the bottom. Set aside.
- Dump the ranch mixture into a gallon sized baggie, then add in the chicken tenders.
- Seal and shake until the tenders are fully coated.
- Wrap each chicken tender in bacon, then place into the baking dish.
- Top with the remaining brown sugar mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the bacon and chicken are cooked.
- Sprinkle with a touch more salt, if desired, then serve with honey mustard!
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.