These Air Fryer Oreos are a classic state fair dessert made easier. Oreo cookies are wrapped in biscuit dough, air fried until golden-brown, then served with powdered sugar and your choice of dipping sauce!
If you’ve ever been to a state fair, you’ve most likely tried fried Oreos. You know, the classic cream filled chocolate cookies coated in batter and deep fried until perfectly golden-brown and melt-in-your-mouth delicious.
Well, what if I told you that you could enjoy that freakishly delicious dessert but with easier prep, less mess, and in your air fryer instead of deep fried in oil?
Enter these air fryer Oreos! They’re ridiculously easy to make, perfectly buttery, flaky, and creamy, and SO FREAKING GOOD!
This quick and easy, ridiculously delicious dessert only requires 5 ingredients + your choice of dipping sauce!
- Milk – gives the Oreos just a little bit of moisture to achieve that perfectly dunked, soft, melty cookie we all crave.
- Butter – coats the outside of the biscuit dough to add flavor and promote a golden-brown, slightly crispy exterior.
- Refrigerated Biscuit Dough – wrapped around each Oreo and air fried to become deliciously fluffy and flaky.
- Oreos – use regular or double stuffed! Any flavor of Oreos will work as well, although I love the classic!
- Powdered Sugar – sprinkled on top for a light and sweet finish.
- Melted Hot Fudge, Hot Caramel, Melted Peanut Butter, Jam, Whipped Cream, etc. – for dipping!
How to make
This delicious sweet treat comes together in a total of 16 minutes!
- Cut one biscuit in half then flatten each half out into an oval (big enough to fully encase an Oreo but not so thin that it tears.)
- Dunk 1 Oreo in the milk to moisten then immediately place it into the center of 1 biscuit oval.
- Pull the biscuit up to fully encase the Oreo and pinch the seams together. Repeat with remaining biscuits/Oreos.
- Dunk each wrapped Oreo in the melted butter to fully coat it then place 4 at a time into a greased air fryer preheated to 350ºF. Air fry for 6 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove immediately, sprinkle with powdered sugar, then serve with hot dipping sauces and enjoy!
Can you stack oreos in an air fryer?
No, do not stack the Oreos in the air fryer. Air fry 4 Oreos at a time so they have plenty of space to cook and expand without touching. If they’re overlapping or stacked they will stick together and the dough will cook unevenly. The space allows the air to reach every bit of biscuit dough, which results in an evenly cooked and golden brown biscuit.
Oreos or not, there will rarely ever be a time you want to stack food in an air fryer.
Can you use fresh batter in an air fryer?
No, fresh batter for fried Oreos will not work in the air fryer. It will end up being too runny and will drip off of the Oreos and into the bottom of the basket as they cook.
The refrigerated biscuit dough has enough structure to stay wrapped around the Oreos and become perfectly golden-brown and flaky.
Are air fryer oreos vegan?
Although Oreo cookies themselves have all vegan ingredients, they may be cross contaminated with milk in the factory so they aren’t technically vegan.
If the cross contamination isn’t an issue for you, feel free to use non-dairy milk and vegan butter to make these more vegan friendly.
Can air fryer oreos be made in the oven?
Yes! If you’d rather bake these fried Oreos, place them on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat and cook them in the oven at 425ºF for 7-8 minutes or until cooked through, golden-brown, and flaky.
What to serve with air fryer oreos
I love to serve these air fryer Oreos topped with a generous sprinkle of powdered sugar and dipping sauces on the side!
How to store
Air fried Oreos are definitely best served immediately. As they cool they will start to become dry, soggy, and slightly gummy. Only make as many as you plan on eating for the best results.
However, if you do have leftovers they will last up to a day in the fridge. I recommend storing them in an airtight container with a paper towel to help absorb moisture.
To reheat, air fry on REHEAT for 1 minute or until warmed through.
Air Fryer Oreos
Equipment for this recipe
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 (16.3 oz) can refrigerated biscuit dough should contain 8 biscuits
- 16 Oreos
- Powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Melted hot fudge, hot caramel, melted peanut butter, jam, whipped cream, etc. for dipping*
- Place milk into a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- Place melted butter into another medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- Cut one biscuit in half, then flatten each half out into an oval (it should be big enough to fully encase an Oreo but not so thin that it tears).
- Dunk 1 Oreo in the milk to slightly moisten, then immediately place it into the center of 1 biscuit oval.
- Pull the biscuit up to wrap and fully encase the Oreo. Be sure to pinch the seams together really well.
- Repeat with remaining biscuits/Oreos.
- Pre-heat air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Dunk each wrapped Oreo in the melted butter to fully coat it, then place into the air fryer basket seam side down. Air fry no more than 4 at a time.
- Air fry for 6 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove and immediately sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Repeat (dunking in melted butter, air frying, then sprinkling) with remaining 8 biscuit covered Oreos.
- Serve hot with dipping sauces on the side for dunking.
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.