These Vegan Lemon Pound Cake Cupcakes are dense, moist, perfectly lemony, and smothered in the most delicious two ingredient glaze! A great dessert for warmer weather.
Vegan Lemon Pound Cake Cupcakes.
It’s a mouthful to say, but it’s a really delicious mouthful to eat. 😉
These aren’t just any cupcakes.
These are pound cake cupcakes, meaning they’re really dense and moist and just oh so yummy. If you’re looking for a super airy cupcake, this isn’t the one for you.
BUT, if you’re looking for a rich, tender, lemon-y, sweet, dense cupcake . . .
Well . . .
Look no further and say helllloooooo to Vegan Lemon Pound Cake Cupcakes.
It FINALLY feels like spring.
Took long enough didn’t it?
Because of this, I’ve been craving all things lemon.
First lemon-y concoction on the list?
Lemon cupcakes, of course!
Originally, I wanted to make a bundt cake, but that was an epic fail, so I kept things easy and made cupcakes instead. 😉
How to Make Vegan Lemon Pound Cake Cupcakes:
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F and line a standard muffin tin with cupcake liners
- Whisk together the wet ingredients: almond milk, coconut oil (instead of butter to keep these vegan and ultra moist), fresh lemon juice, and banana <– have no fear banana haters, you can’t taste it, it just helps bind the cupcakes. Set aside.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, salt, sugar, lemon zest
- Fold the wet and dry ingredients together
- Bake for about 15 minutes
- Dunk them in glaze (powdered sugar and lemon juice whisked together) <– simple, but oh so magical.
These Vegan Lemon Pound Cake Cupcakes are seriously so tasty, you guys.
They’re dense, they’re sweet, they’re fluffy, they’re perfectly lemon-y and smothered in the most delicious glaze.
Excuse me while I go eat all the cupcakes.
What lemon dessert should I make next? Show Me the Yummy!
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted and cooled slightly
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup mashed banana
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup grated lemon zest about 4 lemons, zested
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a standard muffin tin with liners (you'll only use 9 out of the 12).
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond milk, oil, lemon juice, and banana.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, sugar, and lemon zest.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and stir until JUST combined.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, fill the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 5 minutes in preheated oven, then lower the heat to 350 degrees F (keeping the cupcakes in the oven) and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes, or until the cupcakes are baked through.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice.
- Dunk the cupcakes into the glaze and serve!
* This post contains affiliate links. We receive a commission on purchases made via these links. The price you pay is not affected by using them.