A great use of leftovers, this Teriyaki Turkey Wrap is full of tender turkey, sweet pineapple, crunchy/salty/savory/fresh slaw, earthy brown rice, and a chewy whole wheat tortilla!
This week has been a DOOOZY. So you know what we all need? A margarita.
Except. Wooooomp. Womp. It’s not 5 o’clock yet, which is when I’m meeting a girlfriend (Hi Sarah 👋) for all the happy hour margaritas.
So in the meantime, you know what we all need?
A ridiculously easy recipe. And guess what? I’ve got you covered and it’s coming in the form of this Teriyaki Turkey Wrap.
It’s crazy easy, because we’re using leftover Teriyaki Turkey Tenderloin that I re-made this week – SO good. It’s also super yummy, because we’re using the MOST delicious Asian inspired slaw that is just loaded with flavor AND it’s also healthy, because of said slaw and we’re using brown rice and whole wheat tortillas.
Easy. Yummy. Healthy.
You guys. We alllll need these things on Fridays. . .
And don’t forget the margarita. . . but that goes without saying. 😉
Teriyaki Turkey Wrap Recipe
Equipment for this recipe
- 1 1/2 pound Jennie-O Turkey Breast Tenderloin
- 1/2 cup Teriyaki Sauce and Marinade*
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chili sauce
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups coleslaw shredded green/purple cabbage
- 1/4 cup almond slivers
- 1/4 cup Cilantro chopped
- 2 Green onions sliced - white part only
- Whole wheat tortillas
- Brown rice
- Pineapple chunks
- Teriyaki Baste and Glaze
- Place tenderloin and marinade into a gallon sized ziplock baggie.
- Marinate in the fridge for 8 hours (I threw this together before the work day).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place tenderloin on a 9 x 13 baking sheet.
- Cook for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let tenderloin rest for about 5 minutes before cubing into bite sized chunks.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, honey, hot chili sauce, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, toss together coleslaw, almonds, cilantro, green onions, and dressing from above.
- Taste and re-season if necessary.
Wrap (serves one)
- Place one whole wheat wrap on a plate.
- On that, place 1/4 cup brown rice, 1/4 cup turkey chunks, 1/4 cup slaw, 3 pineapple chunks, and a drizzle of Teriyaki Baste and Glaze.
- Roll up like a burrito, slice in half, and serve!
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.