This One Pot Turkey Cajun Pasta is loaded with veggies, spices, leftover turkey, and sour cream and made conveniently in one pot!
Today’s recipe is sponsored by our friends at Jennie-O.
One pot pastas are e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g.
- Less mess. The fact that you can throw everything into one pot is mind blowing genius. I know I’m not the only one who despises doing the dishes. 🙂
- Faster. Instead of boiling pasta noodles separately AND making a sauce AND making the pasta adds in . . . Literally just throw everything in!
- SO flavorful and creamy. Since you’re cooking pasta IN your sauce, it soaks it all up making for an even more flavorful, super creamy deliciousness of a dish!
I’ve made one pot pastas before and I’ll surely make them again.
One Pot Turkey Cajun Pasta!
So we know why I made this a one pot recipe, but how did I come up with the flavor?
Let’s start with the turkey. Today we’re using Jennie-O OVEN READY™ Cajun Bone-in Turkey Breast.
You guyyyyyys. If you’re ever looking for a holiday turkey with a little flair, you MUST get this.
It’s SO easy to make (bake from frozen = no THAWING pleaseandthankyou).
And it’s literally the juiciest turkey I’ve ever add.
Trevor and I literally stood over the stove after I pulled the turkey out of the oven and ate more than our fair share. 😉
Then from there, since it’s a cajun turkey breast, I decided to embrace the flavors, add more seasonings to the actual pasta, called it a day, and one pot turkey cajun pasta was born!
Here’s how you make it:
- Melt butter into a large stockpot
- Cook veggies: green pepper, red pepper, onion, and mushrooms with spices: paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, black pepper, dried oregano, dried thyme, salt
- Stir in leftover Jennie-O OVEN READY™ Cajun Bone-in Turkey Breast, chicken broth, and linguine
- Simmer until noodles are tender
- Stir in sour cream, parmesan, and serve!
I just LOVE that in one pot you get your carbs, veggies, AND protein!
The result is an ultra creamy, super flavorful pasta that’s loaded with tender turkey and veggies!
Easy, cozy, delicious!
Do you want more one pot recipes? Show Me the Yummy!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 small yellow onion sliced
- 1 (4 oz) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt to taste
- 1 pound leftover Jennie O OVEN READY™ Cajun Bone-in Turkey Breast diced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16 oz box) linguine broken in half
- 1/2 cup sour cream plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- Cilantro for topping
- Melt butter in a large stockpot over medium heat.
- Once melted, add in bell peppers, onion, mushrooms, and spices: paprika through salt.
- Saute together for about 3-5 minutes, or until veggies are crisp tender. They’ll continue cooking in the pasta, so don’t overcook.
- Add in turkey, broth, and linguine.
Raise heat to high, bring to a simmer, and simmer for 8-12 minutes, or until pasta is tender. Stir regularly to prevent sticking.
- You may need to lower heat to keep it at a simmer.
- Once the pasta is tender, stir in sour cream and parmesan.
- Taste and re-season, if necessary.
- Serve with chopped cilantro and more sour cream!
Thanks again to Jennie-O for sponsoring today’s post!