The BEST appetizer yet, this Mushroom Brut Brie is totally impressive, ridiculously easy, and ultra cheesy! Melty brie is topped with brut champagne, buttery mushrooms, and crunchy pistachios!
Today’s recipe is sponsored by our friends at Barefoot Wine & Bubbly. The holidays just wouldn’t be complete without them!
Mushroom Brut Brie. Yeahhhhh. You guys. You must make this for your New Years Eve party.
When it comes to making food and drinks for New Years Eve, I have two rules:
- It must be delicious. Obviously.
- It must be easy. NYE parties should be more about enjoying that glass of champagne than slaving over the stove, yes? 🙂
This Mushroom Brut Brie definitely checks those boxes, PLUS it checks a third box of being totally impressive (nobody needs to know how easy it was). It’ll definitely be the hit of the party, because I mean, did you READ the title of this post: Mushroom. Brut. Brie.
Do you guys have any New Years Eve plans yet? I’m super excited for this year, because we’re doing a Progressive Cocktail Party with our neighbors!
Here’s the deal.
Basically, we’re hopping around to four different apartments and at each apartment we’ll try a different appetizer and cocktail!
So far I know we’re having ceviche at one, dips at another (my friend, Steph, is QUEEN at two ingredient dips that I need to make for you guys ASAP), mulled wine and healthy snacks at the third, and we’re ending the night at our place with French 75 cocktails and of course, this Mushroom Brut Brie (plus probably that Red Wine Chocolate Pudding Pie, because well. . . why not, amiright?!).
I love, love, LOVE a really good French 75. It’s ridiculously easy and SO tasty. It’s just lemon, gin, sugar, and brut, so I thought that would go perfectly with the Mushroom Brut Brie, which is also easy and delicious.
You’re going to start by heating brie in the oven.
You could really just end the recipe there, because I mean, melty brie is everything, but I promise you the mushroom topping takes the brie over the edge. 😉
For the mushroom topping, all you need to do is melt a little butter in a pan, then stir in some mushrooms. Once the mushrooms start getting tender, you’ll add in some salt, pepper, garlic, and Barefoot Bubbly Brut Cuvée.
I’m obsessed with their Brut Cuvée. It’s dry, it’s crisp, and it’s just bubbly perfection, ok? 🙂
The last step is stirring in some pistachios and dried cranberries and pouring the mixture over the brie.
The combination of melty brie with the tender mushrooms, crisp brut, and crunchy pistachios is seriously mind blowing.
Scoop it up with your favorite crackers and maybe an extra glass of champagne and have the happiest New Year!
How are YOU celebrating New Years Eve? Show Me the Yummy!
- 1 (8 oz) round Brie cheese**
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 (4 oz) package baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt more or less, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/3 cup Barefoot Bubbly Brut Cuvée
- 2 tablespoons pistachios
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper and place cheese in center.
- Bake in preheated oven until cheese feels very soft when pressed, about 15 -20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once melted, add in mushrooms, salt, and pepper
- Cook, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes.
- Add in garlic and brut and cook until mushrooms are tender, about 1-3 additional minutes.
- Stir in pistachios and dried cranberries.
- Taste and re-season, if necessary.
- Take brie out of the oven and pour the mushroom mixture on top.
- Serve with crackers or sliced baguette and enjoy!
Thanks again to Barefoot Wine & Bubbly for sponsoring today’s post. We wouldn’t celebrate NYE without them! 🙂