S’Mores Cookie Cups. A simple graham cracker cookie is stuffed with a melty hershey’s kiss, topped with a marshmallow, and gets toasted to golden perfection!
First of all, 😴 😴 😴 <– that is how I’m feeling right now, because the last few weeks have been B.U.S.Y. Liiiike really busy. The past few weeks have been full of so much recipe testing, video shooting, traveling, blogger retreats, meeting new people, and visiting old friends. All good things, of course, but now, I’m 😴 😴 😴 and ready to sit on the couch and catch up on Shark Tank.
That’s why, today, I’m treating myself to all the S’Mores Cookie Cups.
OMG. I have no words. I should probably just end it there, because these S’Mores Cookie Cups speak for themselves, buuuuuut I won’t. 😉
These cookie cups are a twist on a classic and are just overall ooey gooey delicious popable packages of joy.
A simple graham cracker cookie is stuffed with a hershey’s kiss, topped with a marshmallow, and gets toasted to golden perfection.
These little guys are husband and neighbor approved and are so easy, so yummy, and so ridiculously dangerous.
Funnily enough, when I was growing up, I H.A.T.E.D. s’mores.
I know. Who am I?
I didn’t like the marshmallow, I just wanted the graham cracker and melty chocolate.
I’ve since grown up and learned to be obsessed with s’mores like normal people. 😉
A while back Trevor and I went through a huge s’mores phase. We made indoor s’mores after dinner almost every night for like a month.
They tasted great, but it was always a pain to try to melt the chocolate a bit in the microwave and roast the marshmallows under the broiler. I’d always end up with a super sticky baking sheet.
Too messy, but totally worth it, of course.
Today, however, I think I’ve fixed the problem, because I’ve turned a classic s’more into a cute, popable cookie.
Way less messy and hello it’s a cookie AND a s’more.
There are four parts to today’s SMores Cookie Cups recipe.
#1 The graham cracker cookie.
#2 The Hershey’s Kiss center.
#3 The mallow.
#4 The Hershey’s chocolate bar garnish <— don’t skip it.
Let’s start with part one: the cookie. Super easy and delicious.
Today we’re using melted butter instead of room temperature butter.
Well, for one, I’m lazy and I hardly ever have the patience to let butter come to room temperature. It also makes for a nice, chewy cookie. 🙂
All you need to do is cream together the butter with brown sugar and granulated sugar.
Then you’ll add in an egg and vanilla.
After that, all that’s left is to stir in flour, graham cracker crumbs (I just gave some graham crackers a quick whirl in my food processor), baking soda, and salt!
Scoop and bake ‘em up in a mini muffin tin until they are golden perfection and that’s it for part one!
Part two: stick a hershey kiss in the center of the warm cookie.
Part three: Place a marshmallow on top of each cookie and broil until the marshmallow is gooey and golden.
Part four: Place a hershey’s chocolate piece on top of the marshmallow.
That’s it! I seriously can’t get over how easy these S’Mores Cookie Cups are to make.
They’re even easier to devour. Trevor, as always, is my favorite taste tester and between the two of us we went through these S’Mores Cookie Cups in just a few days.
The graham cracker cookie is tender and has a great graham cracker flavor. That paired with melty chocolate and a gooey marshmallow? OMG.
What more is there in life?
I love that these SMores Cookie Cups give you a way to enjoy a classic treat all year round and I love even more that they’re not messy and are a cinch to make!
SMores Cookie Cups Recipe
Equipment for this recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs about 1 sleeve crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 20 Hershey's Kisses unwrapped
- 20 Standard Marshmallows
- 20 Hershey's Chocolate Bar Pieces about 2 Hershey's bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl cream together both sugars and butter for about 2 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides and then mix in egg and vanilla for 30 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides and mix in flour, crushed graham crackers, baking soda, and salt.
- The dough will be very dry, so use your hands to squeeze and shape the dough into a compact ball.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop the dough into the prepared pan. You will get 20 cookies.
- Bake for about 5-7 minutes or until cooked through. They may not look done, but 5 minutes was always perfect for me.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and gently press one Hershey's Kiss into each cookie.
- Top with marshmallow.
- Place oven rack onto the top rung and turn the broiler to high.
- Place cookies on the top rack.
- Broil for about 30-60 seconds, or until marshmallows are perfectly golden.
- Remove from oven and gently press down on the marshmallows to flatten them out.
- Top each cookie with a Hershey's Bar piece.
- Let cool in pan for a minute or two, then let finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Eat and enjoy!**
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.