This really is the BEST S’Mores Sandwich Recipe. White sandwich bread is smothered in nutella then smooshed together with gooey milk chocolate, crunchy graham cracker crumbs, and perfectly toasted marshmallows. The best way to enjoy s’mores indoors!
When I think of summer, I think of cozy bonfires by the lake, which automatically makes me think of s’mores, because let’s be real, you can’t have a bonfire without s’mores. Right? Right.
Bonfires by the lake *might* be coming to an end for the season (don’t shoot the messenger 😉 ), but that doesn’t mean it has to be the end of s’mores. Why? Because s’mores sandwiches, that’s why!
Today’s easy recipe is a fun twist on a classic s’more and I really think you’re gonna love it. Use up those leftover s’mores supplies and *bonus* you don’t have to start a fire OR leave your house. #winning
Now. I know. An inside s’mores sandwich might not give you that same nostalgic feeling as the traditional process. I’ll be the first one to say that torching marshmallows over a crackling fire is amazing.
I PROMISE you, this s’mores sandwich will not disappoint.
How to Make the Best S’Mores Sandwich:
- Take two pieces of generic white bread and spread each side with nutella.
- The nutella is optional, but I mean, is it really?!
- Melt butter in a sauté pan or cast iron skillet and cook the bread side by side (nutella side facing up) until the bottom is nicely toasted and golden brown.
- Remove the bread and place onto a silicone mat lined baking sheet.
- Top one side of the bread with graham cracker crumbs, gently pressing them into the nutella so they stick. Then top with chocolate.
- Top the other side with marshmallows.
- Bake in oven until the marshmallows have puffed up nicely. If they’re not getting brown enough to your liking, flip on the broil to toast them a bit more.
- Sandwich the two pieces together and enjoy!
- Bread – feel free to use any kind of bread you like. The generic white sandwich bread worked great for me.
- Nutella – feel free to omit (although I think this would make it kind of dry) or I think peanut butter would be a great alternative
- Graham cracker crumbs – you can buy these pre-made or crush them up yourself
- Chocolate – I used the classic milk chocolate Hershey’s bar, but any kind of chocolate/candy that melts well should be just fine
- Marshmallows – you could use mini marshmallows. You could also use marshmallow creme probably, but that could also create a melty gooey mess. 😉
Perfectly golden, crispy bread spread with toasty nutella, creamy milk chocolate, crunchy graham crackers, and gooey marshmallows . . .
. . . while this dessert sandwich isn’t traditional, it’s JUST as delicious. 😉
We need more s’mores recipes in our lives. What creation should I make next? Show Me the Yummy!
Best S’Mores Sandwich
- 2 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons nutella
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon crushed graham crackers
- 1 (1.55 oz) bar milk chocolate hershey
- 6 regular sized marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- Spread nutella on one side of each piece of bread. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a cast iron skillet or sauté pan over medium heat.
- Toast bread side by side (nutella side facing uuntil the bottom is golden brown.
- Place bread side by side onto prepared baking sheet.
- Top one side with graham cracker crumbs (gently press into nutella), then chocolate.
- Top the other side with marshmallows. See video for visuals if necessary.
- Bake in preheated oven until marshmallows are starting to get golden and puffy, about 5 minutes.
- Finish off with the broiler (keeping baking sheet on middle rack), if more browning is desired.
- Sandwich together, cut, and serve.
*Note: Nutritional information is estimated and varies based on products used.