Chex mix that’s made in the crockpot?! Yes please! This slow cooker chex mix is easy to make, flavored w/ ranch seasoning, & addicting! You’ve been warned.
This slow cooker chex mix is ridiculously easy to make and super addicting.
You’ve been warned.
I’ve always been a huge fan of chex mix. Growing up, I’d often forgo the potato chips and popcorn and munch on the store bought cheddar chex mix instead.
I love the different textures and flavors that you just don’t find in a bag of chips.
Since I love it so much, don’t ask me why I haven’t thought to make my own homemade version of chex mix before.
Often you’ll see chex mix being made in the oven, but let me tell you for the 1,000th time. IT’S. TOO. HOT. I don’t need help from the oven to make my apartment hotter than you know where. 😉
That’s why we’re making crockpot chex mix today!
No added heat, and the results are the same: that super crunchy, salty chex mix we all love and adore. Trevor’s only gripe is that he liiiikes chex mix, but he hates pretzels (waaaat?!), so he picks around them and ends up with a bowl of pretzels. More for me, I guess, and I am not complaining.
What ingredients are in slow cooker ranch chex mix?
- Ranch seasoning mix
- Worcestershire sauce
- Garlic powder
- Chili powder
- Chex cereal
There are only a few steps to this crockpot chex mix.
How do you make slow cooker chex mix?
- Whisk together sauce: glorious melted butter, ranch dressing seasoning mix, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and a touch of chili powder. Set aside.
- Place cereal, pretzels, and Cheez-Its into crockpot.
- Mix with sauce.
- Cover and cook!
How easy was that?
Now, you do need to stir this mixture every 30 minutes.
At first that may sound like a pain, but helllloooo that’s the perfect amount of time to watch an episode of Friends, my latest obsession, or your favorite TV show. If your significant other is giving you beef for watching Netflix for the 1,000th time that day, you can honestly tell them you have to, because you’re making chex mix. 😉
This slow cooker chex mix is definitely worth the “work”.
The result is a seriously crunchy, salty, ultra addicting chex mix that everyone will love. It’s a good thing this recipe makes a ton, because I promise you this chex mix will go fast!
Have you ever made homemade chex mix? Show me the yummy!
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled slightly
- 1 (1 oz) packet ranch salad dressing and seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (12 oz) box Chex cereal (I've used rice and corn)
- 2 cups pretzels
- 2 cups Cheez-Its
- Whisk together all sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Place cereal, pretzels, and Cheez-Its into your crockpot. Mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Pour sauce over the mix-ins and gently stir until the sauce has evenly coated the mix-ins.
- IMPORTANT: Place a thin dish towel over your crockpot, before placing the lid on. This collects the condensation created during the cooking process.
- Set your crockpot to LOW and cook for 2 - 2.5 hours.
- Gently stir every 30 minutes.
- After the 2 - 2.5 hours, pour the mixture onto a rimmed baking sheet and let cool to room temperature.
- Serve immediately, or store in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks.*
*Although this is great the day of, I think this actually tastes best after it's had about a day to sit...the flavors really have a chance to develop!