These Parmesan Drop Biscuits are made with a secret ingredient – mayo! – and are ridiculously easy to make and even easier to eat! Especially when paired with a steaming hot bowl of Cheddar Broccoli Potato Soup. ♡
How the heck are we halfway through January already?!
While we may be halfway through January. . . for winter. . . it seems like there is no end in sight.
So you know what that means?
Soups. Soups. Aaaaand. More soups.
So you know what that means?
Because soup and biscuits are just a match made in heaven!
Today, we’re serving up some Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Cheddar Broccoli Potato Soup with the EASIEST Parmesan Drop Biscuits.
This pairing in particular is a match made in heaven, because this soup literally comes together in a matter of minutes and the drop biscuits only require one bowl!
First up, the soup.
Boil water –> pour in soup –> simmer until hot and delicious.
Just when you thought Cheddar Broccoli soup couldn’t get better, Idahoan® adds in REAL Idaho® red potatoes and red potato skins with broccoli, flavorful spices and rich cheeses to make a Cheddar Broccoli Potato Soup. So. Um. Yeah. It’s totally yum.
Next up, the Parmesan Drop Biscuits.
Simply whisk together my secret ingredient – mayo – with a little buttermilk. Then fold in flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese.
In case you missed it, there is NO butter in this recipe.
Why? Because cutting butter into biscuits is a pain, so we use mayo instead and call it a day. And guess what? I think you’re going to go crazy for these!
Once the batter comes together, you’re going to grease a muffin tin with cooking spray and drop the batter into the slots.
Bake until golden perfection and you’re done!
The result? Ultra flakey, super flavorful, warm biscuits + creamy, cheesy, potato-y perfect soup.
I suppose winter isn’t SO bad now, is it?
How are YOU staying cozy? Show Me the Yummy!
- 1 (6.6 oz) package Idahoan Premium Steakhouse Cheddar Broccoli Potato Soup
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and grease a standard 12 slot muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayo and buttermilk.
- Add in flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese.
- Using a spatula, stir until the batter is *just* combined.
- Grease a 1/4 cup measuring cup and use that to scoop the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until biscuits are cooked through and golden brown.
- Serve immediately or store cooled leftovers in a sealed airtight container.
Thanks again to Idahoan® for sponsoring today’s post!