This One Pot Asian Noodle Soup is the perfect easy, healthy, vegetarian dinner! A twist on hot & sour soup, it’s full of whole wheat noodles & poached eggs!
‘Tis the season for soups! For lunch this winter season, you’ll be sure to find me sipping on my crockpot chicken and wild rice soup, my crockpot butternut squash soup, my very favorite roasted tomato soup, and now, my One Pot Asian Noodle Soup.
You guys. I’ve made this recipe FOUR times since the initial recipe test.
It’s that good.
This One Pot Asian Noodle Soup is a twist on one of my favorite soups: hot and sour soup. While I was super excited to taste test this recipe, Trevor, on the other hand, took some convincing as he claimed that “hot and sour soup isn’t one of my favorites”.
Well … after just one bite … he was totally hooked.
During the winter season, super quick and easy recipes are a must. After a long day of working – bundled in my blankets (the perks of working from home) – the last thing I want to do is make dinner.
I’m cold. I’m tired. And I just want to cuddle on the couch with something warm and cozy and watch a movie…or let’s be honest…I can barely make it through a movie, so usually our go-to evening entertainment is Fixer Upper.
That’s why this One Pot Asian Noodle Soup is so amazing. It’s made in O.N.E. pot. Seriously, I’m obsessed with one pot wonders these days. I may just go ahead and change this blog to Show Me the One Pot Wonders. Yes? No? 😉
During the winter season, it’s also super important to have some lighter recipes that really pack a punch. While I really love my holiday chocolate fudge, I need something to counter all that sugar-y wonderfulness. But it still needs to be mind blowing delicious.
I know you guys are with me.
Again, this One Pot Asian Noodle Soup delivers. It’s healthy, yet seriously packs a punch.
Let me break it down for you.
First, you’re gonna heat sesame oil over medium heat. If you don’t have sesame oil, drop what you’re doing and go buy some, it’s one of my favorite cooking oils. It has SO much flavor.
Once the oil is hot, you’re going to stir in some garlic and ginger. ♡
Already, your house will smell a.m.a.z.i.n.g.
Now we’re going to stir in sriracha, broth, soy sauce, and seasoned rice vinegar. This will come to a boil and then whole wheat linguine noodles get dumped in.
These will start to cook and then the very best part of this One Pot Asian Noodle Soup happens.
We’re going to poach eggs right into the soup! How cool is that?! And don’t worry, it’s SO easy (be sure to check out the video to see exactly how easy it is!👆)
All you need to do is crack eggs into a measuring cup and pour them directly into the soup!
They cook for a little bit and then…
See? This One Pot Asian Noodle Soup is so ridiculously easy and trust me. It’s definitely not lacking in the flavor department. I love the combo of hot sriracha with the sour seasoned rice vinegar. The whole wheat linguine noodles and runny poached eggs makes this such a healthy, filling, and ultra delicious vegetarian meal!
And make this soup. 🙂
What’s your favorite winter-y soup recipe? Show me the yummy!
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha + more to taste we did about 1 1/2 tablespoons
- 6 cups broth chicken or vegetable
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar + 1 tablespoon
- 8 oz whole wheat linguine noodles broken in half
- 4 large eggs
- sliced green onions for topping
- chopped cilantro for topping
- In a large stockpot, heat oil over medium heat
- Cook ginger and garlic for 30 seconds.
- Stir in sriracha, broth, soy sauce, and rice vinegar.
- Raise heat to high and bring mixture to a boil.
- Once boiling, add in noodles and simmer for 6 minutes.*
- Crack eggs into a measuring cup and pour one into the soup at a time, gently.
- Cook for an additional 4 minutes. If your eggs don't fully submerge, use a large ladle to gently spoon the soup over the top of the eggs.
- Serve immediately with green onions and cilantro!**