These One-Bowl Brownies are so easy to make requiring just 10 minutes and 8 ingredients! They’re perfectly moist, fudge-y, gooey, chocolatey, and delicious!
You guys, these one-bowl brownies are literally the most fudge-y, chocolatey, gooey, thick, perfect brownies you’ll ever taste.
I love this brownie recipe because it’s:
- Foolproof. Just throw your ingredients into a bowl, mix them, pour them into a pan, and bake!
- Rich. I’m a certified choco-holic and these totally satisfy.
- Quick. 10 minutes and one-bowl is all you need.
- DELICIOUS. Warm, fudge-y, thick, dense, ultra-chocolate-y… I mean, what more could you want?
Only EIGHT ingredients for the perfect brownie. Is this heaven? No, it’s Show Me the Yummy. 😉
- Granulated Sugar – to sweeten.
- All-Purpose Flour – the base for the brownie batter. Thickens it so they bake to perfection.
- Eggs – helps bind the ingredients when baked so the brownies can hold their shape.
- Salt – cuts the sweetness.
- Canola Oil – adds moisture to the brownies.
- Vanilla Extract – enhances other flavors and adds warmth.
- Cocoa Powder – because what are brownies without chocolate?
- Chocolate Chips – I love using semi-sweet but milk or dark chocolate chips would work as well.
How to make
10 minutes, one bowl, and you’re good to go. This recipe seriously couldn’t be any easier!
- Mix all ingredients, except chocolate chips, in a large bowl.
- Spread into a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Bake then serve and enjoy!
Why are my brownies cakey?
Although these brownies are super dense, I wouldn’t consider them cakey. If your brownies end up too thick and cakey, you most likely over-baked or over-measured the flour.
Do you have to use oil?
I recommend using canola oil because it’s the most “tasteless” but vegetable oil would also work.
I don’t recommend using butter or another type of oil because they will be less moist and fudge-y (if using butter) and other oils may have too prominent of a flavor.
Obviously I’m OBSESSED with these brownies as they are, but if you’re looking for ways to mix it up, here are some variations/other SMTY brownie recipes to try!
- Add nuts. Add a crunchy twist by mixing in some chopped pecans or walnuts.
- Make it salted caramel. Try these flourless salted caramel brownies.
- Make them vegan. Try my fudgy vegan banana brownies instead.
- Swirl in some peanut butter. Make it chocolate peanut butter by swirling some peanut butter into the batter before baking.
- Healthify it. Give my black bean brownies a try instead.
How to store
Store these brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days, in the refrigerator for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To enjoy warm, simply microwave until heated through!
One Bowl Brownies
Equipment for this recipe
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canola oil or vegetable oil (although some people think it has a stronger flavor)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips more or less, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients together except chocolate chips.
- Spread in a greased 9x13 pan and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes (check after 20) or until a tooth pick is inserted and comes out *almost* clean.
- Let cool completely before cutting and serving.
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.
This post has been updated to provide more detailed content.