This Mediterranean Roasted Cauliflower Recipe is healthy, gluten free, can be vegan, and is absolutely delicious! Marinated in lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and spices: salt, basil, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, oregano, and thyme all day and roasted to perfection. Quick and easy vegetable side dish!
Happy *Meatless* Monday!
While I’m not sure we’ll ever fully go vegetarian or vegan, we do think that eating that way at LEAST once a week is good for us, good for the environment, and hellooo is super delicious.
Whether you’re vegetarian or not, I know, for me, I’m always always ALWAYS looking for veggie filled side dishes to go with my main dishes.
Lately, I’ve been obsessed with mediterranean flavors, so today, mediterranean roasted cauliflower, it is!
I don’t know why, but coming up with main dishes for dinner is so much easier for me than side dishes.
I literally never know what to make.
My go to is always roasted vegetables, because
- One sheet wonder – typically you can just throw some veggies onto a sheet pan and you’re good to go. Less dishes? Yes please!
- Quick and easy – again, throw some veggies onto a pan and you’re done.
- Healthy and delicious – veggies, a touch of oil (hello healthy fats), and spices – how could that not be healthy and delicious?!
How do I make mediterranean roasted cauliflower?
- Cut cauliflower into florets and place them onto a large bowl or tupperware container
- Toss with:
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Balsamic vinegar
- Spices: salt, basil, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, oregano, thyme
- Let marinate for at least 30 minutes, but preferably all day in the fridge while you’re at work
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone mat
- Dump marinated cauliflower out onto prepared sheet
- Serve with a sprinkle of cheese (optional, omit if vegan or use a dairy free variety).
- I love using a parmesan/romano/asiago blend
How long do I roast cauliflower in the oven at 425 degrees F?
Typically roasted cauliflower takes about 15-20 minutes at 425 degrees F. But cook more or less depending on how crunchy or soft you like your veggies.
Timing may also vary depending on the size of your florets.
This mediterranean roasted cauliflower recipe is quick, easy, and so healthy.
I love the tangy from the lemon and vinegar and you can’t go wrong with that mediterranean inspired spice blend.
Do you want more healthy veggie side dishes like this? Show Me the Yummy!
- 1 (2 pound) head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan/romano/asiago cheese blend optional
- Place cauliflower florets into a large bowl or tupperware container.
- Toss with olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, basil, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and marinate in fridge for at least 30 minutes, but preferably all day while you’re at work.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- Dump marinated cauliflower out onto prepared sheet and spread out onto a single layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway through, or until cauliflower is cooked to your liking.
- Optional: toss with shredded cheese mixture.
- Taste and re-season, if necessary.
- Serve and enjoy!
* This post contains affiliate links. We receive a commission on purchases made via these links. The price you pay is not affected by using them.