A spring twist on a chocolate classic, these lemon crinkle cookies are bright, lemon-y, and perfectly sweet! My secret ingredients? Lemon pudding mix, white chocolate, and lemon extract!
Happy Birthday to Trevor.
My partner in business and in life.
My co-parent to the best dog ever born (ahem, Teddy).
My overall favorite person.
I love you. 🙂 Thanks for making me laugh every day and bringing me more happiness than I thought possible.
I hope you have the best birthday, yet! You deserve it!
We have plans to eat our way through Raleigh this weekend, so I’m sure it won’t disappoint. 😉
But until then.
Let’s celebrate by eating all the lemon crinkle cookies!
Since it IS officially spring, I’ve been craving all things lemony . . .
A lemon cookie recipe!
I based these off my chocolate crinkle cookies and I gotta say, I’m completely in love. I truly can’t decide which one I like better! And that says a lot coming from a true chocoholic like myself. 🙂
To make these lemon crinkle cookies, you’ll start by beating together sugar and butter <– just from that, you know these are gonna be good. 😉 I use this hand mixer, but feel free to use a stand mixer if that’s what you have!
Then you’ll add in lemon extract and an egg. You REALLY need the lemon extract for the lemon flavor to really shine. You’ll find it in the grocery store next to the vanilla extract! I’ve never had a problem finding it.
Next you’ll add in flour, lemon pudding mix, baking soda, and salt. The pudding mix makes these really chewy and yummy.
The last step is to stir in chopped white chocolate. The creamy sweetness from the white chocolate is SO perfect with the lemon.
You’ll use a large cookie scoop to scoop the dough into 15 bites. Use your hands to form them into uniform balls then dunk each one in powdered sugar. Don’t be stingy or you don’t get that really pretty crackly-ness (that’s a word right?! 😉 )
Bake ’em up and you’ve just made yourself the springy-est, lemony-est, crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside, lemon crinkle cookies.
These are so easy and make and are really just the perfect spring cookies. 🙂
Lemon Crinkle Cookies
Equipment for this recipe
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (3.5 oz) box Instant Lemon Pudding Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4 oz) bar white chocolate chopped
- Powdered sugar placed into a large bowl for dunking
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- Beat sugar and butter together for 60 seconds.
- Add in lemon extract and egg and beat together until combined.
- Add in flour, pudding mix, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat until combined.
- Stir in white chocolate.
- Use a 1.5 oz cookie scoop to scoop the dough into 15 bites. Use your hands to roll them into uniform balls.
- Roll each in powdered sugar (make sure it’s fully coated).
- Bake 8 at a time (these do spread a bit) in preheated oven for about 13 minutes.
- Cool slightly and enjoy!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.