This Lemon Pepper Scallops with Orzo Pasta Recipe is surprisingly quick and easy to make! Full of fresh lemon, garlic, and just a touch of butter!
Today’s post is sponsored by our friends at Sea Cuisine.
Ohhhh. My. Yum.
Where my seafood lovers at?
Because this lemon pepper scallops with orzo pasta recipe is going to blow your seafood loving mind.
This recipe sounds SO fancy.
Any time I eat scallops, I just immediately feel fancy. I KNOW you know what I mean.
But, surprise! This recipe is actually one of the easiest recipes on the blog.
Easy seafood? With pasta?
Let’s start with the scallops.
The people at Sea Cuisine got you covered. Their Lemon Pepper Scallops are l.e.g.i.t. SO flavorful and tender.
Not only are their scallops tasty, but the people at Sea Cuisine are committed to sustainability. Their commitment to sustainability begins on the water and continues to your local store – from ocean to plate, as they say <— isn’t that so cute and awesome?!
Because of that, you can feel AH-mazing about eating their seafood.
Which is great, because like I said, their seafood is LEGIT.
Now that we’re all excited about the scallops, let’s make them shall we?
Get ready because they’re REALLY easy to make.
Step One: Place scallops onto a baking sheet and bake them in the oven.
That’s it! 🙂 Don’t you just LOVE that?!
While the lemon pepper scallops are baking, you’ll make the orzo pasta.
If you’ve never had orzo before, it’s one of my faves and you MUST make it immediately. 😉
It looks like rice, but has a slick texture like pasta and it’s seriously so so delicious.
You’ll cook it just like you would any other pasta, then you’ll drain it (save some of the pasta water), and toss it with olive oil, melted butter, fresh garlic, fresh lemon juice, and plenty of salt and pepper.
You’ll pile the pasta into a bowl, top it with the perfectly cooked scallops, and sprinkle the whole dish with a little crumbled feta and chopped cilantro.
This lemon pepper scallops with orzo pasta recipe is ultra light (whereas some seafood pasta recipes can be SO heavy and full of cream) and oh so satisfying.
Light lemon, buttery pasta with tender scallops? <— yes please!
This is the perfect recipe for those who might be intimidated by cooking seafood OR for those who just want a quick, easy, light, and totally delicious meal. 🙂
Do you want more seafood recipes? Show Me the Yummy!
Lemon Pepper Scallops with Orzo Pasta
Equipment for this recipe
- 2 (6 oz) packages Sea Cuisine Lemon Pepper Scallops baked according to package directions
- 1 (8 oz) box orzo pasta cooked according to package directions (reserve some pasta water)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- pasta water to thin out sauce if necessary
- Crumbled feta for garnish
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Bake the scallops according to package directions.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large bowl whisk together butter, oil, lemon juice, garlic, black pepper, and salt.
- Pour in hot pasta and stir to combine.
- Season with salt, to taste and add pasta water, if desired.
- Serve with baked scallops and garnish with feta and cilantro!
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.
Thanks again to Sea Cuisine for sponsoring today’s post!