Instant Pot Taco Hummus. Ultra creamy hummus loaded with canary beans, taco seasonings, and lime juice. Made quick and easy in your Instant Pot!
Thanks to our friends at Nuts.com for sponsoring today’s post! They’re more than just nuts, so be sure to check them out for all your online foodie goodies!
I did it.
I FINALLY used my Instant Pot!
For whatever reason, I was absolutely TERRIFIED of it.
Don’t ask me why, because I LOVE my slow cooker and the Instant Pot is like an amped up slow cooker . . .
Because I did it.
And of course, I used it to make something taco flavored.
Enter: Instant Pot Taco Hummus.
Pass the chips, please!
I’ve been really obsessed with hummus lately and I’m always obsessed with tacos, so I thought it was time for Show Me the Yummy to have a really great taco hummus recipe.
Now. Most hummus recipes use canned chickpeas, but today, I’m using dried canary beans that I found on Nuts.com and I gotta say – I might never go back!
Now. You might be thinking two things:
- What the heck are canary beans?
- How do I find them?
- Canary beans are just mild-flavored yellow beans – aka the perfect beans for hummus
- You can find them on Nuts.com. Thanks to them, we can get some of those really awesome ingredients that you might not be able to find in your typical grocery store. Plus, hellllooo online shopping > real life shopping
So now we know what canary beans are and how you can find them, but now the question is… how do you cook dried beans?!
Typically, you’d need to soak them overnight and THEN cook them.
Enter: Instant Pot.
You get to skip the soaking part – #winning.
All you’re going to do is throw the canary beans into your Instant Pot, cover them with water, and let them cook on high pressure for about 70 minutes, or until they’re completely soft.
How magical is that?!
You just saved yourself HOURS of time!
Then, you’ll throw the cooked beans into your food processor and blend them together with olive oil, tahini, lime juice, and taco seasoning until smooth.
Throw the Instant Pot Taco Hummus into your fridge to chill, then top with pico de gallo, and serve with tortilla chips!
This truly is one of the easiest recipes I’ve ever made, but holy COW it’s absolutely incredible.
Ultra creamy hummus that’s loaded with taco seasonings and fresh lime juice . . .
We may or may not have gone through an entire bag of tortilla chips while eating this. 😉
Instant Pot Taco Hummus Recipe
Equipment for this recipe
Instant Pot Taco Hummus
- 1 cup dried canary beans
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 (1 oz) packet taco seasoning
- Pico de Gallo
- Tortilla Chips
- Place canary beans and water into your Instant Pot.
- Cover and lock the lid (make sure the steam releasing handle is pointing to sealing).
- Press manual and cook on HIGH pressure for 70 minutes.
- Once finished, use the quick release method to open.
- Place drained beans into food processor.
- Add olive oil, tahini, lime juice, and taco seasoning.
- Blend until smooth.
- Place in fridge - covered - until ready to serve.
- Serve with pico de gallo and tortilla chips!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.
Thanks again to Nuts.com for sponsoring today’s post!