Instant Pot Lentil Sloppy Joes. A health-i-fied vegan, gluten free version of a classic! Quick, easy, meatless weeknight dinner.
This time for my vegan readers! <3
Or really, anyone who wants a quick, healthy, easy, tasty, meatless dinner. 🙂
Instant Pot Lentil Sloppy Joes for everyone!
Do you have an Instant Pot yet?
It’s freaking amazing.
I was totally scared of it at first, but it’s magical.
Think: ease of a slow cooker aka throw and go type thing, but super super fast, instead of slow.
You with me?
You won’t regret it.
And now, it’s time for some VEGAN Lentil Sloppy Joes.
Did any of you guys grow up eating sloppy joes?
I sure did!
And love ’em.
I even have a Turkey Sloppy Joes Recipe on the blog already!
But today, I wanted to make a vegan version.
And I gotta say.
I’m kiiiiind of obsessed.
SO perfect for Meatless Monday’s, Game Day, or let’s be real, any time you want a quick and delicious dinner!
You’ll start by sautéing some onion, green bell pepper, and carrot directly in your Instant Pot (another function I LOVE about it)
You’ll cook the veggies for a couple minutes, then stir in water, tomato paste, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce (apparently some brands aren’t vegan, so read your labels), vinegar, mustard, hot sauce, garlic powder, chili powder, ground cumin, salt, and the main event: green or brown lentils.
You’ll set your Instant Pot to HIGH pressure for 12 minutes, and then . . . we wait.
Now. It DOES take longer than 12 minutes, because the Instant Pot needs to come to pressure, cook for 12 minutes, and then naturally release.
You’re not actively doing anything during that time, so kick back, and catch up on the latest episode of Bachelor In Paradise <– is that just me?! 😉 #guiltypleasure
Once the Instant Pot Lentil Sloppy Joes are done, I LOVE serving these on toasted buns with some ketchup, mustard, pickles, and a side of sweet potato fries.
A vegan-i-fied version of a classic, these Instant Pot Lentil Sloppy Joes are quick, healthy, super filling, and of course, extremely delicious!
What other Instant Pot recipes do you want to see? Show Me the Yummy!
- 1/2 yellow onion diced (about 1/2 an onion)
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced (about 1/2 a pepper)
- 1 carrot peeled and diced
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 3 tablepsoons Worcestershire sauce make sure this is vegan and gluten free
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt + more, to taste
- 1 (1 pound) bag green/brown lentils
- Spray Instant Pot with cooking spray and hit the SAUTÉ button.
- Once the Instant Pot say HOT, add in onion, pepper, and carrot.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes.
- Turn the Instant Pot OFF.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients (water - lentils) and stir to combine.
- Cover and lock the lid (make sure the steam releasing handle is pointing to sealing).
- Cook on MANUAL, HIGH pressure for 12 minutes*.
- Once finished, let the Instant Pot release pressure naturally; this takes about 15 minutes.
- Serve on buns with pickles, mustard, and ketchup!
*It DOES take longer than 12 minutes, because the Instant Pot needs to come to pressure, cook for 12 minutes, and then naturally release.
* This post contains affiliate links. We receive a commission on purchases made via these links. The price you pay is not affected by using them.