Vegetarian Enchilada Bowls. Veggie burgers + cheesy quinoa and peppers smothered in enchilada sauce and topped with greek yogurt and pico de gallo!
Today’s recipe is sponsored by our friends at Dr Praeger’s. They’re a family owned and operated business that uses simple, whole ingredients to make great tasting products. We ♡ that.
Easy, healthy, Mexican inspired food.
That is totally my love language.
Who’s with me?
Easy, healthy, Mexican inspired food that’s also perfect for Meatless Monday?!
That is DEFINITELY my love language.
That being said.
Who’s excited for some Vegetarian Enchilada Bowls?!
In case you missed it, “bowl recipes” are really big right now.
And I’m kiiiiind of super happy about that.
Because anything can be a “bowl recipe”.
You literally put whatever ingredients you want into a bowl . . . and you’ve just made yourself a super trendy recipe. 😉
So today’s “bowl recipe” –> Vegetarian Enchilada Bowls.
And I love them.
The Main Event:
Dr Praeger’s Black Bean Quinoa Veggie Burgers are the main event for these Vegetarian Enchilada Bowls. I eat these ALL the time for lunch. The texture and flavors of any of their burgers are seriously killer and I love the ingredient lists! This particular burger is loaded with black beans and quinoa and is certified vegan AND gluten free!
Pop ’em in the oven for about 12 minutes and they’re ready to go!
Easy. Nutritious. Aaaaand Delicious!
Two words: Cheesy. Quinoa.
Two more words: Heck. YESSSS.
You’ll start by cooking some bell peppers and onions in a large saucepan.
Then you’ll add in some water and quinoa and let it simmer away until the quinoa is tender and ultra fluffy.
Lastly, you’ll stir in some salt, pepper, and cheeeeese.
Now. Here’s the deal.
The cheese is optional, if you want, but I mean, a little cheese is never a bad thing is it? 😉
Bowl –> scoop of cheesy quinoa –> one veggie burger –> enchilada sauce drizzle –> greek yogurt dollop –> pico de gallo.
Easy peasy, amiright?!
Not only are these Vegetarian Enchilada Bowls super on trend 😉 , they’re also PACKED with flavor, nutrients, and amazing textures – seriously just go out and get some Dr Praeger’s Veggie Burgers already!
Health-i-fied, yummy, enchiladas for the win!
Vegetarian Enchilada Bowls
Equipment for this recipe
- 1 (10 oz) box Dr. Praeger’s Black Bean Quinoa Veggie Burgers (4 burgers)
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 cup shredded Mexican style cheese optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- enchilada sauce
- Greek yogurt
- Pico de Gallo
- Prepare all four burgers according to package directions.
- Heat large saucepan over medium heat.
- Once hot, stir in red onion and peppers.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in quinoa and water.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until all the water has evaporated.
- Uncover and fluff quinoa with a fork.
- Stir in salt, pepper, and cheese.
- Divide quinoa evenly into four separate bowls.
- Top with veggie burgers.
- Smother with enchilada sauce, greek yogurt, and pico de gallo.
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.
Thanks again to Dr Praeger’s for sponsoring today’s recipe.