Creamy parmesan oats are topped with garlicky greens, crispy hash browns, fresh tomatoes, and a runny egg to make this the BEST Vegetarian Breakfast Bowl Recipe.
Today’s recipe is sponsored by our friends at Dr Praeger’s. They’re a family owned and operated business that uses simple, whole ingredients to make great tasting products. We ♡ that.
I’ve finally gotten on the breakfast bowl train. Why did I wait so long?!
Today’s recipe is a savory, vegetarian breakfast bowl, and it is ah.mazing.
While it may look like there are 1,000,000 different components in this breakfast bowl, they’re all incredibly simple to put together.
With a base of creamy parmesan oats, this breakfast bowl is then loaded with hash brown patties, garlicky greens, bursty tomatoes, and runny eggs.
If you’re a savory breakfast lover, you.are.gonna.flip.
You guys know I’m not typically a breakfast ♡er. I say this every time I make a breakfast recipe, but then I’m obsessed with said breakfast for like a month. Point being, I think I’m actually turning into a real breakfast lover.
I mean, how can you not be with things like this savory vegetarian breakfast bowl of goodness out there in the world?
Like I said, it all starts with a base of creamy parmesan oatmeal.
If you haven’t tried savory oatmeal yet, you MUST. Trevor and I looked at each other after taste testing and both think that we might just like savory oatmeal more than sweet! 😱
Basically, you’re going to follow the directions on the back of your old fashioned oats container with a few extra steps.
- Toast your oats in a little olive oil with dried rosemary and thyme
- Cook your oats in skim milk
- After cooking, stir in parmesan cheese
The result is ultra creamy, salty, warm, cheesy, herby oats. But it doesn’t end there.
Next up we have the Dr Praeger’s Root Veggie Hash Browns. OMG. You could really just eat these alone, but these crispy hash browns just work so darn well with those creamy oats. The thing I love most about these hash browns (other than the ultra crispy exterior and super creamy middle) is that they’re made with REAL, simple ingredients AND they’re certified gluten free and vegan! ♡ ♡ ♡
Then we have the garlicky greens and bursty tomatoes. Cook a little spinach/arugula in some olive oil and garlic until they’re wilted to perfection and then use that same pan to cook the tomatoes until they’re super juicy and wonderful.
Last up, the egg. Cook it however you like, but I’d definitely suggest a runny yolk, because a runny yolk. . . is life.
Now all that’s left to do is to assemble the bowls!
Take a heaping scoop of that parmesan oatmeal and layer on the greens and tomatoes, then top it off with crispy hash browns and gooey egg.
Ultra creamy oats with crispy hash browns, fresh greens, bright tomatoes, and an oozing egg…
I’m thinking yessssss.
Vegetarian Breakfast Bowl Recipe
Equipment for this recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 3/4 cups skim milk
- 1/2 cup freshly shaved parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups baby arugula/spinach
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 Dr Praeger's Root Veggie Hash Browns
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- 2 large eggs prepared your favorite way
- In a large saute pan, heat oil over medium/medium low heat.
- Once hot, stir in oats, rosemary and thyme.
- Toast for 2 minutes or until golden and fragrant.
- In a medium sized saucepan, bring the milk to a boil.
- Stir oats into milk and simmer for 5 minutes, or until oats are cooked to your liking.
- Stir in parmesan, salt, pepper, and more milk (if necessary) until desired consistency is reached.
- In the same pan that you toasted your oats in, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Once hot, stir in greens and garlic.
- Cook until greens are cooked to your liking.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, roast your tomatoes until they're blistered on the outside and start to burst.
- Cook according to package directions.
- In two bowls, evenly distribute the oatmeal.
- Top with greens, tomatoes, hash browns, and eggs.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.
Thanks again to Dr Praeger’s for sponsoring today’s recipe. We’re literally obsessed with all their hash brown flavors.