This Instant Pot Chicken Spaghetti is an easy dinner casserole made in the instant pot! This cheesy pasta is loved by kids and packed with chicken, pasta, and veggies.
Over traditional spaghetti with pasta and meat sauce? Try this chicken spaghetti instead! Perfectly cooked noodles are tossed in a creamy cheese sauce with tender chicken and veggies — YUM!
This chicken spaghetti is a fun twist on your traditional pasta and meatball night!
- Olive Oil – used to sauté the veggies in the instant pot.
- Yellow Onion, Red Bell Pepper, and Green Bell Pepper – the veggie blend! This combination gives our pasta dinner a pop of color, texture, and a boost of nutrition.
- Chicken Broth – used to cook the spaghetti noodles directly in the instant pot. Using broth instead of water gives the pasta extra flavor.
- Spaghetti Noodles – broken in half and cooked directly in the instant pot for perfectly al denté pasta!
- Sour Cream, Cream Cheese, and Cream of Mushroom Soup – make up a rich and tangy cream sauce for the pasta.
- Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Paprika, Dried Basil, and Italian Seasoning – a sweet seasoning blend to give the cream sauce even more flavor.
- Cooked Chicken – use a pre-made rotisserie chicken for easy prep.
- Sharp Cheddar and Parmesan Cheese – melted over the top of the pasta for an ooey-gooey, cheesy melty texture.
How to make
This instant pot chicken spaghetti is easy to make, delicious, and only requires 2 cooking vessels: the instant pot and a baking dish!
- Hit sauté on your instant pot, add in 2 tablespoons of olive oil, then cook your onion and bell pepper until the veggies are tender. Season with salt and pepper then remove from the pot.
- Scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pot then add in broth, uncooked noodles, and remaining olive oil. Stir to combine then cover and cook on manual, high pressure.
- Place sour cream, cream cheese, 1/2 of the cheddar, mushroom soup, and seasonings into a large bowl. Use a hand mixer to combine then stir in cooked chicken.
- When the pasta is done, stir the contents of the instant pot into the bowl with the sauce.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased baking dish, sprinkle with remaining cheddar and parmesan.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the center is hot then serve and enjoy!
Do you have to bake the pasta?
Yes! Without baking, the pasta dish isn’t quite hot enough. Baking also allows the cheddar and the parmesan to melt over the top giving it that ooey-gooey, cheesy texture.
Can you use fresh or frozen chicken?
If you don’t have any pre-cooked chicken on hand (a rotisserie chicken is listed in the ingredients), check out my instant pot shredded chicken recipe to quickly cook fresh or frozen chicken.
Can you use different pasta?
I highly recommend sticking with spaghetti, because that’s what I’ve tested, but feel free to play around with different noodles if you don’t have spaghetti on hand.
Cook time may vary depending on the type of the pasta you use.
Can you make chicken spaghetti without an instant pot?
This chicken spaghetti recipe can easily be made on the stovetop if you don’t have an instant pot:
- Cook noodles in a large stockpot of salted boiling water according to package directions. Drain and set aside, reserving some of the pasta water to thin out the sauce, if necessary.
- Meanwhile, cook your veggies in oil in a large skillet until tender.
- Mix together the cream sauce, chicken, cooked noodles and veggies, then assemble and bake as directed.
- Use a different meat. Turkey, pork, shrimp, etc. If you use a different meat, don’t forget to cook it first!
- Add other veggies. Try broccoli, peas, mushrooms, carrots, etc. Make sure they’re cooked until tender.
- Spice it up. Heat things up with a sprinkle of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes.
- Use a different pasta. Linguini, fettuccine, penne, rotini, you name it! Remember: cook time may vary.
What to serve with chicken spaghetti
I love serving this instant pot chicken spaghetti with one or two yummy sides. Here are some ideas!
How to store
Leftover chicken spaghetti will last in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for 2-3 months.
To reheat, thaw in the fridge if frozen then microwave, heat on the stove, or place back in the instant pot to warm. Thin with a splash of chicken broth if needed!
Instant Pot Chicken Spaghetti
Equipment for this recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (32 oz) carton chicken broth
- 1 (16 oz) box spaghetti noodles broken in half
- 1 (8 oz) tub sour cream room temperature
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 (8 oz) block sharp cheddar cheese shredded and divided in 1/2
- 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 cups cooked and cubed chicken about 1 pound (I used 1 rotisserie chicken with skin removed)
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and grease a deep 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Hit SAUTE on your 6 quart Instant Pot.
- Once it reads HOT, add in 2 tablespoons olive oil, onion, red bell pepper, and green bell pepper.
- Cook, stirring regularly, until the veggies are tender, about 5-10 minutes.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from the Instant Pot and set aside.
- Hit CANCEL on the Instant Pot.
- Pour in broth, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom. This will prevent a BURN reading.
- Add in uncooked noodles and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Stir to combine. Be sure the noodles are fully submerged.
- Close and lock the lid - make sure the pressure valve is pointing to SEALING. Cook on HIGH pressure for 5 minutes, then flip the valve to quick release the pressure.
- While the pasta is cooking, place sour cream, cream cheese, 1/2 the shredded cheddar cheese, mushroom soup, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, basil, and Italian seasoning into a large bowl.
- Beat, using a hand mixer, until well combined.
- Stir in the cooked chicken and cooked veggies.
- When the pasta is done cooking, dump the pasta and the broth (everything in the Instant Pot) into the sauce.
- Taste and re-season with salt.
- Pour into prepared dish and sprinkle with remaining cheddar and parmesan.
- Bake in preheated oven until the cheese has melted and the center is hot, about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.