This Chicken Tetrazzini is quick and easy comfort food at its finest. Rotisserie chicken is tossed with noodles in the most luxurious creamy, cheesy sauce!
If you’re looking to wow your family at dinner without slaving in the kitchen, then you need to make this chicken tetrazzini ASAP.
It’s rich, creamy, cheesy and packed with chicken and noodles, so you know it’s going to be a crowd favorite. BUT it’s made with store-bought pre-cooked rotisserie chicken, so this comes together in a SNAP.
Win-win? I think so!
What is chicken tetrazzini?
Chicken tetrazzini is an American dish made up of diced chicken in a creamy, buttery, cheesy white wine sauce and tossed with pasta.
What’s not to love?!
I don’t know about you, but I always have these ingredients on hand, so I love making this as a last minute “oops I forgot about dinner” dish!
- Linguini – cooked 2 minutes less than al dente according to package directions.
- Unsalted Butter, Cream Cheese, Cream of Mushroom Soup, and Sour Cream – these make up our sauce. It’s buttery, tangy, and oh-so creamy.
- Salt, Paprika, Pepper, Garlic Powder, and Onion Powder – this simple seasoning blend adds tons of flavor to the cream sauce.
- White Wine – adds sweet and fruity flavors to contrast the seasonings and balance out the creaminess of the sauce.
- Chicken – use a cooked rotisserie chicken for easy prep. You could also use my shredded chicken recipe for even more flavor, but cube the chicken instead of shred it!
- Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheese – tops of the pasta in the baking dish for a delicious, cheesy, melty finish.
How to make
This creamy and delicious chicken tetrazzini recipe is ready in 30 minutes!
- In a large bowl, mix butter, cream cheese, soup, sour cream, and seasonings.
- Use tongs to stir in chicken and cooked noodles.
- Pour the mixture into a greased baking dish and sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake then serve and enjoy!
What noodles to use
The classic chicken tetrazzini noodle is linguini, so that’s what we’re using today! If you prefer a different long noodle, such as spaghetti or fettuccine, feel free to use that instead. Whatever you use, be sure to cook the pasta 2 minutes less than al dente according to package directions.
What chicken to use
Use pre-cooked rotisserie chicken for easy prep:
- While the chicken is still hot, peel the skin.
- Remove the chicken from the bone.
- Cube into bite sized pieces and proceed with the recipe!
If you want to prep and cook your own chicken feel free to do that instead. I’d suggest using my recipe for shredded chicken (but cube it instead of shredding it). You will need about a pound!
What to serve with chicken tetrazzini
Here are some of my favorite sides to serve with chicken tetrazzini:
How to store
Leftover chicken tetrazzini can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. I don’t recommend freezing it because the texture of the sauce and pasta will be affected.
To reheat, microwave or heat on the stove!
Equipment for this recipe
- 1 (16 oz) box linguini cooked 2 minutes less than al denté according to package directions
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 2 (10.5 oz) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 oz) container sour cream room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup white wine can replace with milk
- 4 cups cooked and cubed chicken I used 1 rotisserie (about 1 pound)
- 1 (8 oz) block mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together butter, cream cheese, soup, sour cream, salt, paprika, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and wine until well combined.
- Use tongs to stir in chicken and noodles.
- Pour mixture evenly into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the top with shredded mozzarella, then parmesan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.