This Instant Pot Spaghetti is all made in one pot! You’ll start by making the easiest homemade spaghetti sauce with beef, veggies, and seasonings directly in the pressure cooker. Then you’ll stir in uncooked spaghetti noodles and broth. Cover, cook, serve, and enjoy! Spaghetti night just got easier and bonus: more delicious.
Growing up, we had spaghetti night about once a week. It’s definitely a family favorite. It’s kid approved, it’s easy, and it’s just a comforting classic! This instant pot spaghetti is a modern twist on an easy weeknight meal.
It’s still kid approved, it’s still easy, and yep, you guessed it, it’s still a comforting classic easy weeknight meal!
Today’s recipe only dirties one pot – the instant pot – which makes this recipe even better, because who doesn’t love less dishes?!
If you don’t have an instant pot, have no fear, just make this turkey bolognese instead!
If you DO have an instant pot, get ready, because this spaghetti is next level delicious. 🙂
Can I cook pasta in my instant pot?
What other pasta recipes should I make in the instant pot?
How long do you cook pasta/noodles in a pressure cooker/instant pot?
It depends on the recipe, but for this one in particular, you’ll cook the pasta for 8 minutes on high pressure.
How to make Instant Pot Spaghetti with Meat Sauce:
- Sauté beef, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, basil, Italian seasonings, salt, and pepper in a bit of oil in the instant pot.
- Once the beef is no longer pink, stir in the spaghetti noodles, broth, tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, and tomato sauce.
- Cover and cook on HIGH pressure for 8 minutes.
- Uncover, stir to combine and let sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
The result is perfectly cooked noodles with the BEST spaghetti meat sauce. Who knew homemade spaghetti sauce could be so easy and delicious? I love the combination of beef with veggies. Don’t forget the fresh garlic and seasonings, it really takes this recipe up a notch!
Tips & FAQ for Making Instant Pot Spaghetti:
- My Instant Pot reads “BURN”, what happened? You didn’t scrape the bottom of the instant pot well enough before covering and cooking. You can try to fix it by removing the lid, giving everything a good stir, and then proceeding with the recipe again.
- I don’t like beef, what can I use instead? Ground turkey or chicken would be great.
- My noodles clumped together, what did I do wrong? To prevent sticking, I like breaking the noodles in half and tossing them in a little olive oil. It also helps to REALLY stir everything together before cooking. After cooking, use tongs to gently “unclump” the noodles.
- Some of my noodles are crunchy, what happened? Your noodles weren’t fully submerged.
- My noodles are mushy, what did I do wrong? Did you use regular spaghetti noodles? Did you cook for the correct amount of time? Did you use uncooked noodles?
If you have other questions, ask them in the comments below!
Now that we’ve made the perfect spaghetti, let’s talk side dishes!
What to serve with spaghetti:
- Garlic bread. This homemade garlic bread looks delicious, or honestly, I use the frozen garlic texas toast. Who’s with me?! 😉
- Salad. This pear, blue cheese, and candied pecan salad is my favorite.
What else do you serve with spaghetti?
More Easy Instant Pot Beef or Pasta Recipes:
- Instant Pot Beef Bourguignon
- Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
- Instant Pot Creamy Italian Pasta
- Instant Pot Ground Beef & Pasta
A dinner recipe that’s family friendly, quick, easy, and delicious . . .
. . . we all need more of these recipes in our lives, don’t we?!
Do you want more instant pot recipes? Show Me the Yummy!
Easy Instant Pot Spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef I used (93/7) so I didn’t have to drain the fat, you could also use ground turkey or chicken
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1/2 cup diced carrot about 2 small carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery about 3 small stalks
- 6 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus more to taste (I did 1 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti broken in half and tossed in 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups chicken broth you could also use veggie broth or beef
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1 (28 oz) can peeled and crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- Parmesan cheese for serving if desired
- Hit sauté on Instant Pot. Once it reads “HOT”, add in oil.
- Add in beef, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, basil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Cook, breaking up the beef as you go, until the beef is no longer pink and veggies are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Scrape up any brown bits at the bottom, if any.
- Hit cancel on Instant Pot.
- Place in oil covered spaghetti noodles, broth, tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, and tomato sauce.
- Stir to combine.
- Make sure you get the beef and any browned bits off the bottom and the noodles are fully submerged. If you don’t, you’ll likely get the BURN notice on the display.
- Close and lock the lid. Make sure the pressure valve is pointing to SEALING.
- Cook on manual, HIGH pressure, for 8 minutes.
- Flip the valve to quick release the pressure.
- Use tongs to stir/combine and gently break up any noodles that may have clumped together.
- Let sit for 5 minutes to thicken, then serve immediately - don’t keep in instant pot or it will keep cooking and the noodles will overcook.
- Serve with parmesan cheese and enjoy!
*Note: Nutritional information is estimated and varies based on products used.