This Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork Recipe comes together in a matter of minutes and cooks in only 90 minutes! A quick, easy, pretty darn healthy weeknight dinner that’s packed with tender pork and a tangy homemade BBQ sauce!
As promised in my Healthy Coleslaw post last week . . .
the Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork Recipe is here!
Sooo goood you guys.
I actually can’t wait for you to make this and top it with the slaw.
But before we get into today’s recipe, I have a quick question . . .
Who’s jumped on the Instant Pot train?!
It took me forever and a day to jump on, but I finally did it and I’m freaking obsessed.
What is an Instant Pot?
If you’re not sure what an Instant Pot is, think of it as a slow cooker, but instead of cooking slow, it cooks really fast.
It’s like a slow cooker, because often, you can just dump all your ingredients in and walk away, but it’s different, because instead of taking 8 hours to cook, it takes significantly less time.
I’d say that’s a win/win, don’t ya think?!
If you’re still reading, I’m assuming that you’ve jumped on the Instant Pot train.
Whether you’re a complete newbie or a seasoned pro, I highly recommend making this Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork.
- It’s suuuuper yummy
- It’s suuuuper easy
Step One. The sauce.
How do you make BBQ sauce for pulled pork?
- Ketchup (I like the all natural, no sugar added variety, to make it healthier)
- Worcestershire sauce
- Apple cider vinegar
- Cayenne <– juuuuust a touch for a little kick
- Garlic powder
- Mustard powder
Dump half the sauce into your instant pot
Step Three. The Meat.
What kind of meat do you use for BBQ pulled pork?
Pork shoulder! Place that in your instant pot
Cover pork with sauce
Cook for 90 minutes or until pork easily flakes with a fork
Like how ridiculously easy is that?! If you’re feeling really ambitious, you could even whisk the sauce together ahead of time, and then you literally have like 2 minutes of prep for dinner.
Pretty awesome, right?
And even better?
It tastes AMAZING.
This Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork, to me, is classic picnic/cookout food. It’s so tender, a little tangy, a little sweet, and a whole lotta yummy.
Anyone else drooling yet? 😉
What else should I make using the Instant Pot? Show Me the Yummy!
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- Whisk together ketchup - salt.
Pour half into a greased Instant Pot.
- Place in pork.
- Pour remaining sauce over pork.
- Cover and lock the lid (make sure the steam releasing handle is pointing to sealing).
- Cook using the pressure cooker meat/stew button (high pressure) for 90 minutes.
- Once finished, use the quick release method to open.
- Shred pork with two forks and serve!
**Not in the original recipe, but some people were having trouble with pressure, so you CAN try adding 1/2 cup water and adjusting seasonings from there. 🙂 I definitely recommend adding the water if you're not completely comfortable with your Instant Pot! 🙂
* This post contains affiliate links. We receive a commission on purchases made via these links. The price you pay is not affected by using them.