These Easy Cornbread Muffins are quick, easy, and naturally gluten free! They’re ultra fluffy, tender, and loaded with flavor thanks to butter, honey, eggs, sour cream, cornmeal, baking soda, salt, cream style corn, and sweet corn!
If cornbread is your jam, you’ll also love: cornbread dressing, classic cornbread, and jalapeno cornbread.
Whether it’s the dead of winter or the heat of summer, I love cornbread. It’s perfect for cozy winter chilis, but it’s also perfect for summer BBQs. It’s literally the perfect year round bread.
I love that these easy cornbread muffins are loaded with butter, sweet honey, eggs, tangy sour cream, cornmeal, baking soda, salt, cream style corn, AND sweet corn.
They’re full of goodness and *bonus* they’re super quick and easy to whip up.
How to make tender cornbread muffins fluffy:
There are a few tricks to making tender, fluffy cornbread muffins. To make tender muffins, you’ll use a combination of butter and sour cream. Not only does the butter add flavor and sour cream add tang, they both add such richness to these muffins.
If you’re looking for a buttermilk cornbread recipe, you’ll love my easy cornbread recipe.
We’re using baking soda today to keep these easy cornbread muffins nice and fluffy.
My secret ingredients to the best honey cornbread muffins:
- Butter – while oil typically adds more moisture than butter, we don’t need that for this recipe and butter works great for added flavor AND texture
- Honey – adds a subtle sweetness
- Sour cream – adds a great tanginess. I find that cornbread can be super bland without it
- Cream style corn – adds moisture and more of that delicious corn flavor
- Sweet corn – adds texture, sweetness, and wait for it… more corn flavor
What to serve with cornbread muffins:
Serve your cornbread muffins with extra honey and butter, you won’t regret it. Cornbread muffins are also the perfect side for:
What do YOU like the serve with cornbread?
How many calories are in a homemade cornbread muffin?
There are 225 calories in a homemade cornbread muffin.
Is cornbread the same as corn muffin?
I based this cornbread muffin recipe after my classic cornbread, so while the shape is different – I use a cast iron for cornbread and this muffin tin for muffins, the flavor profile and textures are virtually the same.
Easy Cornbread Muffins
Equipment for this recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup full fat sour cream room temperature
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 oz) can cream style corn
- 1 (15 oz) can sweet corn drained
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and grease 2 (12 slot) standard non stick muffin tins (you’ll use 18 slots) with cooking spray.
- Place melted butter, honey, eggs, and sour cream into a large bowl.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Add in cornmeal, baking soda, salt, and both cans of corn.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold the ingredients together until combined.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup or ice cream scoop to evenly scoop the batter into the 18 prepared slots of the muffin tin.
- Baking one pan at a time, place muffin tin in preheated oven for 5 mins.
- Reduce the heat to 350 degrees (leaving the muffins in the oven) and bake for an additional 13-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly before serving!
- Repeat with remaining muffins.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.