A summer classic turned healthy, this Healthy Coleslaw Recipe ditches the mayo and adds avocado, greek yogurt, and more! Healthy. Gluten Free. Vegetarian. Delicious!
I especially <3 coleslaw during the hot summer months, because what’s better than cold, crunchy, deliciousness when it’s a million degrees outside?!
I don’t, however, <3 coleslaw that’s dripping in calories (*cough cough* gobs of MAYO).
Ok. That’s a lie.
BUT there’s a time and a place for that, and I thought we could all use a little Healthy Coleslaw Recipe in our lives, yes?
THIS coleslaw may not be dripping in calories, but it’s absolutely LOADED with flavor.
A fave summer treat made healthier . . .
Can I get a *woot* *woot*?!
Healthy Coleslaw Recipe
Equipment for this recipe
- 1 1/2 cups pre-packaged coleslaw (shredded cabbage with carrots)
- 1 1/2 cups pre-shredded purple cabbage
- 3 Green onions sliced (just the white/light green part)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup non fat plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 jalapeño roughly chopped and de-seeded for a more mild flavor
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toss together coleslaw, cabbage, and green onions in a large bowl.
- Place sauce ingredients into food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour sauce over the slaw and toss to combine.
- Store covered, in fridge, until ready to use!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.