Slow Cooker Enchilada Quinoa is like a healthier, deconstructed enchilada! Loaded with quinoa, veggies, and chicken, this throw and go recipe is GREAT for an easy, healthy, weeknight dinner!
Thanks to Bob’s Red Mill for sponsoring today’s post! We ♡ them so much.
Hi. My name is Jennifer. And I LOVE Mexican food.
But, if you’ve been reading this blog for any amount of time, you already knew that. 😉
We were just in Chicago a week ago and the Air BnB we were staying at was literally right around the corner from a Mexican restaurant and honestly nothing makes me happier.
This Mexican restaurant had chips, salsa, margs, AND Teddy could come.
How perfect is that?
We’re not in Chicago anymore, so while it may be goodbye to THAT particular Mexican restaurant, lucky for me, I can have Mexican any time any where thanks to this Slow Cooker Enchilada Quinoa Recipe.
🙌 🙌 🙌 🙌 🙌 🙌 🙌 🙌 🙌
Also lucky for me, it’s super easy, super healthy, and oh yeah, super, SUPER delish.
In case you missed it, this year, we’ve been working with one of our all time FAVE companies: Bob’s Red Mill.
Their products are ALL top notch, high quality awesome-ness.
So far, we’ve used their:
- Almond Flour for Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Farro for Mediterranean Farro Salad <– summer obsession right here
- Chocolate Protein Powder for No Bake Protein Brownie Bites
And today, we’re using Bob’s Red Mill Organic Quinoa as the base for this Slow Cooker Enchilada Quinoa Recipe – which btw – is the PERFECT quick & easy recipe for all of you with kids who are back in school!
Here’s what you’re gonna do:
Step One: Chop some stuff.
Onion, green bell pepper, jalapeno, garlic.
Step Two: Throw some stuff.
Into your crockpot, throw in the veggies from above + quinoa, diced tomatoes, black beans, corn, chicken broth, enchilada sauce and spices: chili powder, cumin, salt, and black pepper.
Step Three: Stir some stuff.
Stir all of the above together. 👆
Step Four: Throw and stir some (more) stuff.
Add in chicken breasts and cheese – optional, but is cheese really ever optional 😉 – and give it another quick stir.
Step Five: Cook some stuff.
Cover and cook the Slow Cooker Enchilada Quinoa on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
Five EASY steps to a healthy, weeknight, flavorful dinner!
I love using Bob’s Red Mill Organic Quinoa for added protein and I just LOVE the texture of quinoa mixed with the tender chicken, veggies, and enchilada sauce.
A super flavorful, gluten free, healthy, quick and easy dinner.
What’s better than that?!
Do you want more slow cooker recipes? Mexican recipes? Show Me the Yummy!
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 jalapeño minced (seeds and ribs removed for a more mild flavor)
- 2 cloves garlic pressed or minced
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can corn drained
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (28 oz) can enchilada sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-2 (8 oz) boneless skinless raw chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese optional
- Grease crockpot with cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients into crockpot.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours or LOW 8 hours.
- Remove chicken, shred or cube, and stir back into enchilada quinoa.
- Taste and re-season, if necessary.
- Serve with all your favorite enchilada toppings: greek yogurt, pico de gallo, lettuce, salsa, etc.
Thanks again to Bob’s Red Mill for sponsoring today’s post!* This post contains affiliate links. We receive a commission on purchases made via these links. The price you pay is not affected by using them.