This Easy Moroccan Chicken is a one pot wonder full of tender chicken, sweet carrots, crunchy broccoli, salty olives, and chewy raisins! The perfect dinner for two!
It’s halfway through the week, so I thought we could all use a quick and easy dinner recipe, yes?
Enter: Easy Moroccan Chicken.
This one really blew me away and it just so happens to be from Katie’s new book: The Wellness Mama Cookbook: 200 Easy-to-Prepare Recipes and Time-Saving Advice for the Busy Cook.
Yep. That’s right.
TWO. HUNDRED. EASY. Recipes.
That’s right up my alley.
I had a hard time deciding which recipe I wanted to share with you guys – I’ve literally put a sticky note on every recipe – but her Moroccan Chicken (page 183) really stood out to me for quite a few reasons:
- It was SO colorful. Bright orange carrots and vibrant green broccoli are to thank for that.
- I had never had Moroccan food before and it sounded delicious, so it was the perfect time for me to try something new!
- It’s a one pot wonder. You KNOW how much I ♡ one pot meals.
- The ingredient list was short.
And letmetellyou, it turned out even better than I ever could have imagined.
You’re going to start by melting coconut oil over medium heat.
Once hot, you’ll add in some cubed chicken and cook it until it’s nice and tender.
Then you’ll add in sliced carrots and onions and let them softened a bit.
Then you’ll add the broccoli, garam masala, and broth and continue cooking until everything is cooked to your liking.
Lastly – my favorite part – you’ll stir in some golden raisins and sliced green olives.
Now. You guys.
I used to HATE olives. Like HATE them with a fiery passion, but I promise you, they are freaking incredible in this dish. They really take the dish from being really good to being UNBELIEVABLY good.
Serve over quinoa like I did or serve it over YOUR favorite grain and you’ve got yourself a super easy, super flavorful meal.
I DID change the original recipe slightly to make this a “Dinner for Two” recipe, because Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and I think this would be an AMAZING dinner for that.
This Easy Moroccan Chicken is a one pot wonder full of tender chicken, sweet carrots, crunchy broccoli, salty olives, and chewy raisins.
It’s got a lot going on…
and I’m absolutely lovin’ it.
Have you made anything from The Wellness Mama Cookbook: 200 Easy-to-Prepare Recipes and Time-Saving Advice for the Busy Cook? Show Me the Yummy!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts* cubed
- 2 large carrots thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 head broccoli cut into small florets
- 1/2 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth or water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons sliced green olives
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and saute until cooked, about 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper as it's cooking.
- Add in the carrots and onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in the broccoli and saute for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the garam masala and broth, and continue cooking until the vegetables are cooked to your liking.
- Stir in the raisins and olives.
- Taste and season with more salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Serve and enjoy!
* This post contains affiliate links. We receive a commission on purchases made via these links. The price you pay is not affected by using them.