This Crockpot Lasagna with Ravioli is the best hands-off dinner! Frozen ravioli, three kinds of cheese, pasta sauce, and Italian sausage are layered in the slow cooker then cooked to cheesy and flavorful perfection!
This crockpot lasagna with ravioli should be renamed “lazy girl lasagna” or “cheater’s lasagna”, because it’s so insanely easy to make, but tastes JUST like you’ve been slaving over the stove all day making your favorite lasagna.
After one bite, you may never go back to “regular” lasagna ever again.
Using ravioli is what mimics the pasta and ricotta filling you’d find in a traditional lasagna!
- Italian Sausage – cooked until crumbled and no longer pink. Use hot or sweet depending on your preferences!
- Yellow Onion – cooked with the sausage to add a sweet, caramel-y flavor.
- Garlic – adds a subtle nuttiness to the dish.
- Salt and Pepper – enhances other flavors and adds a slight kick of spice.
- Pasta Sauce – use your favorite jarred pasta sauce for easy prep. Whatever you use, make sure you enjoy the flavor of it, because it’s a prominent flavor in the final dish!
- Frozen Cheese Ravioli – no need to cook or thaw first! The ravioli goes straight into the crockpot frozen.
- Sour Cream – adds creaminess and a slight tang to cut the richness from the cheeses.
- Provolone Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese, and Parmesan Cheese – melted in to the lasagna for ooey-gooey texture and ultra cheesy, classic lasagna flavor.
How to make
This crockpot lasagna with ravioli takes 15 minutes to assemble then cooks for just 3 hours!
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat then add in sausage, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook until the sausage is no longer pink and the onions are tender.
- Stir in the pasta sauce then taste and re-season if necessary.
- Spoon 1/3 of the sauce mixture into a greased crockpot then top with 1/2 of the frozen ravioli, 1/2 of the sour cream, 1/2 of the provolone cheese, 1/2 of the mozzarella, and 1/2 of the parmesan Repeat the layers once more.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 hours then serve and enjoy!
How long to cook
Lasagna with ravioli cooks in the crockpot for 3 hours on LOW. This gives the ravioli time to become al denté while the cheese melts into ooey-gooey perfection.
Do you need to cook the ravioli first?
No! The frozen ravioli goes straight into the crockpot with the other lasagna ingredients. No prep or thawing necessary!
Can you use fresh ravioli?
If you’d rather use fresh ravioli, you can try, but you’ll definitely need to lower the cook time so the pasta doesn’t over cook. I would start with 30 minutes on LOW and add time as necessary! For best results, however, I’d stick with the frozen ravioli.
What meat to use
Sweet, mild, or hot Italian sausage is best in this recipe since it’s already seasoned and adds tons of flavor to the lasagna. You can also use ground chicken, turkey, or beef if preferred.
What to serve with lasagna with ravioli
I love to serve this creamy, cheesy, carb-y recipe with more carbs and some veggies! 😉
- Garlic Bread or Dinner Rolls
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Pear, Blue Cheese, Candied Pecan Salad
- Instant Pot Broccoli
How to store
Leftover lasagna with ravioli will last in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To reheat, thaw in the fridge if frozen then microwave to warm!
Crockpot Lasagna with Ravioli
Equipment for this recipe
- 1 pound Italian sausage use hot, sweet, etc.
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus more to taste, if desired
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper plus more to taste, if desired
- 1 (36 oz) jar pasta sauce
- 1 (25 oz) package frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 (16 oz) container sour cream
- 1 (8 oz) package provolone cheese slices
- 1 (8 oz) block mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Once hot, add in sausage, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Cook, breaking up the meat as you go, until the sausage is no longer pink and the onions are tender.
- Stir in the pasta sauce, then taste and re-season, if necessary.
- Grease a 6 quart crockpot with cooking spray, then spoon in 1/3rd of the sauce mixture.
- Top with 1/2 the frozen ravioli, 1/2 the sour cream, 1/2 the provolone cheese slices, 1/2 the mozzarella, and 1/2 the parmesan cheese.
- Next, layer on 1/3rd sauce, remaining ravioli, and remaining sour cream.
- Then layer on remaining sauce and cheeses.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.