These Crockpot Funeral Potatoes are easy, cheesy, and so tasty! You’ll only need 5 minutes of prep and just a few ingredients: frozen potatoes o’brien, sour cream, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, spices, and crushed kettle chips!
If you’re not sure what funeral potatoes are, they’re basically a cheesy potato casserole, and they’re the bomb [dot] com.
Don’t ask me why they’re called funeral potatoes, do YOU know?
But that’s not what’s important, what’s important is that they’re ultra cheesy, ultra easy, and of course . . .
ultra delicious. 😉
I’ve actually had this recipe up my sleeve for a while thanks to my friend Steph (Hiiiiii Steph 👋). She had Trevor and me over for a dinner a while back and she made the MOST delicious cheesy potatoes.
Me, being me, I wanted to adapt it for my crockpot, so that’s actually what I did.
Basically, you’ll throw all the ingredients into a greased slow cooker:
- Frozen Potatoes O’Brien (diced potatoes with onion and peppers)
- Sour cream
- Cream cheese
- Cream of mushroom soup (you could also use cream of chicken, but I wanted to keep this vegetarian)
- Cheddar cheese
- Garlic powder
Give everything a stir, cover, and cook.
Then you’ll top the whole thing with crushed sea salt kettle chips, because . . .
YOLO. Plus, I love the crunch it gives these crockpot funeral potatoes.
As you can see from the ingredient list, this recipe is SUUUUUPER easy and BONUS: the only ingredients you actually have to measure out are the garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Why? Because you use the WHOLE bag of potatoes, the WHOLE container of sour cream, the WHOLE block of cream cheese, etc. You get the point.
As you can also see from the ingredient list, these crockpot funeral potatoes are SUUUUUPER tasty.
I mean, you can’t go wrong with ultra creamy and cheesy potatoes, can you?
Hint: the answer is no. 😉
Quick, easy, and delicious, these crockpot funeral potatoes are the perfect side dish. Have ’em at home for an easy week night side, or bring ’em to a party and be a hit!
These crockpot funeral potatoes might not win any beauty awards, but they’ll for sure win the best tasting side dish award. 😉
Crockpot Funeral Potatoes
Equipment for this recipe
- 1 (28 oz) bag frozen Potatoes O’Brien diced potatoes with onions/peppers
- 1 (8 oz) container sour cream
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 1 (10.5 oz) can condensed cream of mushroom could also use condensed cream of chicken
- 1 (8 oz) bag shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups crushed sea salt kettle chips for topping
- Spray crockpot with cooking spray.
- Place frozen potatoes, sour cream, cream cheese, cream of mushroom, cheddar, garlic powder, salt, and pepper into greased crockpot.
- Stir until fully combined.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 3 1/2 hours or LOW 7 hours.
- Top with crushed kettle chips and cook an additional 15 minutes on HIGH or 30 minutes on LOW, uncovered, to thicken slightly.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.