Crockpot Candy is sweet, salty, and crunchy! This easy holiday candy is made with almond bark, chocolate, peanut butter, and roasted, salted peanuts right in your slow cooker!
I l.o.v.e. candy. I have the largest sweet tooth, but I also like a little salt to go with my sugar, which makes this crockpot candy recipe perfect! It’s sweet and chocolatey, but also a little bit salty and oh-so-crunchy. YUM!
This crockpot candy is packed with creamy chocolate, crunchy peanuts, and more! It’s the perfect combo of sweet and salty.
- Vanilla Almond Bark – or vanilla candy coating. Both will work! Either way, break the bark/candy into smaller chunks so it melts evenly! As the bark/candy cools, it hardens around the peanuts, making candy clusters!
- Chocolate Chips – use milk, semi-sweet, or dark! We like semi-sweet for the rich, sweet, but not too sweet flavor.
- Peanut Butter Chips – adds a nutty creaminess to the chocolate mixture. Butterscotch chips would be a fun twist if you’re looking for something different.
- Salt – cuts the sweetness from the chocolate and enhances the flavor of the peanuts.
- Vanilla Extract – adds depth of flavor and a touch of warm sweetness.
- Peanuts – use roasted and salted peanuts. Other types of nuts will work as well as long as you’re using a roasted, salted variety. I find if they’re not roasted and salted, the flavor is bland.
- Sprinkles and Maldon Sea Salt – for topping! Sprinkles add a festive flair and maldon sea salt adds that extra salty crunch that can’t be beat!
How to make
These sweet and salty candies take 10 minutes to prep!
- Place almond bark, chocolate and peanut butter chips, salt, vanilla, and peanuts in a greased crockpot then cover and cook on LOW for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, remove the lid, stir well, then cover and cook on LOW for another hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Use a small cookie scoop to portion the mixture out onto baking sheets lined with silicone mats.
- Top with sprinkles and sea salt then cool in the fridge or freezer before serving!
Why didn’t my candy set?
If your candy isn’t setting, here are a couple reasons why:
- You didn’t use almond bark. Make sure you use the amount of almond bark called for. It’s what helps the candy harden and set.
- They’re too warm. If you’re letting the candies set at room temperature but they aren’t hardening, try sticking them in the fridge or freezer instead.
- S’mores. Stir in some mini marshmallows and top with crushed graham crackers.
- White Chocolate Cranberry. Swap the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips for white chocolate chips and mix in dried cranberries for extra sweetness and chewy texture.
- Mint Chocolate. Swap the peanut butter chips for Andes baking chips, peanuts for cashews, and mix in crushed peppermint candy.
- Turtle. Top the candies with a drizzle of caramel and/or mix in some caramel squares.
- Use a different nut. Keep the candies the same but use roasted, salted almonds, cashews, pecans, or macadamia nuts in place of peanuts.
How to store
Leftover crockpot candies will last in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week, in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To enjoy again, thaw in the fridge if frozen then bring to room temperature or enjoy straight from the fridge.
Equipment for this recipe
- 2 (16 oz) blocks vanilla almond bark or candy coating broken into 2 oz chunks*
- 2 (12 oz) bags semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (10 oz) bag peanut butter chips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt more or less to taste
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 (16 oz) containers salted roasted peanuts
- Sprinkles for topping
- Maldon Sea Salt for topping
- Grease a 6 quart crockpot with cooking spray and stir in bark, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, salt, vanilla, and peanuts.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 1 hour.
- After an hour, stir really well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for an additional hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Line a few baking sheets with silicone baking mats.
- Use a small cookie scoop to scoop mixture onto prepared baking sheets.
- Immediately sprinkle with sprinkles and Maldon sea salt, then allow to cool in the fridge or freezer until firm.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.