This Candy Corn and Peanut Snack Mix is the perfect combination of sweet and salty! This addictive fall treat is made with creamy candy corn and crunchy roasted peanuts.
Today’s recipe isn’t really a recipe, but I just had to share this candy corn and peanut snack mix in case you hadn’t had it before!
What does candy corn and peanuts taste like?
The combination of candy corn and peanuts tastes like a Payday or Salted Nut Roll candy bar. The candy corn is sweet and creamy which balances out the salty, crunchy peanuts.
- Candy Corn – surprisingly there are a few different brands of candy corn and they truly taste different. Make sure you’re using a brand that you enjoy the taste of. Brach’s and Zachary’s are the most common. I personally prefer Brach’s over Zachary.
- Peanuts – used roasted, salted peanuts for the best flavor. The salt is key to balancing out the sugary candy.
How to make
- Place candy corn and peanuts into a bowl, toss to combine, and serve in your favorite festive dish!
- Switch up the candy corn. Try using an “Autumn Mix” which contains regular candy corn, Indian corn, and Mello Creme Pumpkins (pictured).
- Try another nut. Anything roasted and salted would be delicious. Honey roasted peanuts, roasted cashews, almonds, pecans, etc.
- Bulk it up. Add fall M&Ms (any flavor) or make a Target Favorite Day Candy Corn Crunch inspired mix by adding raisins, white chocolate, and pretzels to the original recipe.
Is candy corn vegan?
Candy corn is not vegan. Some varieties contain gelatin, so if you follow a vegetarian diet, be sure to check the labels.
Is candy corn gluten free?
Yes, candy corn is gluten free, however, some brands are processed in facilities that also process wheat, so it’s best to read the labels to confirm for yourself.
How to store
Leftovers will last in a sealed airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to a year.
Candy Corn and Peanut Snack Mix
Equipment for this recipe
- 1 (16 oz) bag candy corn or Harvest Blend (candy corn, Indian corn, pumpkins)
- 1 (16 oz) container roasted, salted peanuts
- Place candy corn and peanuts into a bowl then mix to combine.
- Serve immediately in a festive dish or store in a sealed airtight container.
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.