This Cauliflower Fried Rice is SO healthy and full of veggies. It comes together in about 20 minutes and is totally customizable. Keep it vegan or add your choice of protein: ooey egg, chicken, shrimp, you name it!
If you’re on Pinterest at all, you KNOW, lightening things up with cauliflower has been all the rage for I don’t even know how long… a LONG time. Cauliflower pizza crust? Yep. It’s a real thing. Cauliflower mashed potatoes? Ohhhh yeah.
And now? Cauliflower Fried Rice. Now. I KNOW it may not be anything new and special to some of you, but if any of you are like me, we’re a little late to the cauliflower party, and we can be super excited about this recipe together!
A completely healthy, can be vegan & gluten free, totally full of good for you veggies, that will definitely remind you of your beloved fried rice, this Cauliflower Fried Rice comes together in a matter of minutes and is surprisingly ultra delicious!
Now. If you go into this thinking it’s going to taste exactly like fried rice, you will most certainly be disappointed.
Because, you guys, let me tell you something: cauliflower is not white rice. 😉
If you go into this recipe thinking it’s going to taste like a ridiculously healthy (but still totally delish) version of fried rice, you will absolutely go nuts for this.
I love this cauliflower fried rice, because
A. It’s healthy
B. It’s super easy
C. It’s delicious and completely customizable
I LOVE how healthy this fried rice is: cauliflower, a teeeeny touch of sesame oil, onion, peas/carrots, spices, garlic, soy sauce, lime, green onions, cilantro. That’s it! I mean do you SEE 👀 how healthy all those ingredients are? Love.
I also LOVE how super easy this is to make.
First, you’re going to make your “rice”. Place washed and dried cauliflower florets into a food processor and pulse it until it resembles rice (you can see the video above for reference ☝️)
Then, all you’re going to do is cook some onion, peas, carrots, ginger, and red pepper flakes in a bit of sesame oil until the veggies are tender. From there, you’ll add in some garlic, the cauliflower “rice” and then soy sauce, lime juice, green onions, and cilantro!
You guys. I’m telling you. It’s SOOOO good. You get all the classic fried rice flavor without all the guilt. Eat it as is and have a completely vegan meal OR add in your protein of choice: ooey egg anyone? Diced chicken? Shrimp?
The possibilities are endless!
Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe
Equipment for this recipe
- 1 head cauliflower should make 4 cups rice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 yellow onion finely diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas/carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes omit if you don't want it spicy
- 2 large cloves garlic pressed or minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce tamari if gluten free
- 1/2 - 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Cut cauliflower into florets.
- Wash and dry the florets.
- Place cauliflower into food processor and pulse until it resembles rice.
- Set aside.
Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Heat oil over medium heat. Once hot, cook onions, carrots/peas, and spices for about 5 minutes or until veggies are soft. Add garlic in the last 30 seconds.
- Lower heat to medium low. Add cauliflower “rice” and cook about 5 minutes or until desired texture is reached.
- Stir in soy sauce, lime juice, green onions, and cilantro.
- Taste and re-season if necessary.
- Serve as is or with a fried egg, chicken, shrimp, etc.
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.