Baked Corn Crab Cakes paired with a Three Cheese Chipotle Potato Soup is the perfect cozy, winter dinner. 10 minutes of prep and you’ve got yourself a restaurant quality meal!
Thanks to Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Potato Soups for sponsoring today’s post.
This past weekend Trevor and I actually took some time off and. . .
It was long overdue.
We slept in, we walked around the mall (whaaaat?), and by the time we knew it, it was time for dinner. I was feeling pretty tired and we had eaten out for lunch, so I thought it would be fun if Trevor and I went home and cooked together.
On the menu?
Baked Corn Crab Cakes with Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Three Cheese Chipotle Potato Soup.
And letmetellyou, #noregrets about skipping out on dinner out that night.
Not only was this meal ultra delicious, it was ridiculously easy!
Let’s start with the Baked Corn Crab Cakes.
Basically, throw all the ingredients – mayo, egg, dijon, Worcestershire, yellow mustard, garlic powder, salt, hot sauce, crab, green onion, crackers, and corn – into a bowl and mix it up.
Yes. It’s that easy.
Then all you need to do is form them into patties (no fear, it’s easy, too) using a 1/4 cup measuring cup and bake ’em up.
While the Baked Corn Crab Cakes are getting all golden and crispy delicious, start the soup.
Today we’re using Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Three Cheese Chipotle Potato Soup which is packed full of REAL Idaho® red potatoes, red potato skins, flavorful spices and rich cheeses.
It’s kiiiiiind of the perfect paring with the corn crab cakes.
A little heat from the soup + the rich, tender, slightly sweet crab cakes?
The soup, if you can believe it, is even easier to make than the cakes!
Simply bring water to a boil, pour in the soup, whisk to combine, and let simmer for 5 minutes.
This meal seriously couldn’t be any easier, but nobody will ever know!
Decadent, rich crab cakes… creamy potato soup…
How’s THAT for a restaurant quality meal at home?!
What’s your favorite thing to pair with soup? Show Me the Yummy!
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (6 oz) cans jumbo lump crab meat drained
- 1 Green onion white and light green parts only, sliced
- 1/2 cup crushed Ritz crackers
- 1/2 cup corn drained
- Crumbled feta or cotija for garnish
- Green onion minced for garnish
- 1 (7.1 oz) package Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Three Cheese Chipotle Potato Soup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayo, egg yolk, dijon, Worcestershire, mustard, hot sauce, garlic powder, and salt.
- Add in crab, green onion, crackers, and corn.
- Stir to combine.
- Pack a 1/4 cup measuring cup with mixture and dump out on prepared baking sheet (see video for visual).
- Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Gently press down on the crab cakes, so they flatten slightly (see video or photos for visual).
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- Cool slightly, serve and enjoy!
- Cook according to package directions.
Nutritional information does not include soup.
Thanks again to Idahoan® for sponsoring today’s post!