This Air Fryer Bagel Bites Recipe is a homemade version of a childhood favorite. These mini pepperoni pizzas are insanely quick, chewy, crispy, and of course, super cheesy.
Did you even live through the 90s if you didn’t eat bagel bites after school every day?! They were the PERFECT after school snack — cheesy, crispy, filling, and just so darn delicious. Today, we’re ditching the boxed variety and making a homemade version instead. Bonus: you can freeze and save them for later!
Only 7 ingredients (including salt) necessary for homemade bagel bites! This recipe is almost as easy as ripping open the box of frozen bites!
- Miniature Bagels – make the perfect size for bagel bites! Choose any flavor you like; I use plain, but everything bagels would also be really yummy.
- Pizza Sauce – use your favorite jarred variety to keep things ultra quick and easy or make a homemade version.
- Parmesan Cheese – adds a sharp, salty flavor. You can’t have pizza without a sprinkle of parm!
- Shredded Cheese – use your favorite cheese! I like a blend of mozzarella, provolone, parmesan, and asiago (“pizza cheese”) for the most pizza like flavor.
- Pepperoni – adds a smoky, salty, slightly spicy flavor. Use mini pepperonis if you can find them, or quarter “regular” sized pepperonis for pepperoni in every bite!
- Salt and Italian Seasoning – enhances other flavors and gives these bagel bites that classic pizza flavor.
How to make
These air fryer bagel bites are ready in 15 minutes and are perfect for storing in the freezer for later!
- Halve the bagels and place each half onto a baking sheet or clean work surface.
- Layer on sauce, a sprinkle of parmesan, a sprinkle of shredded cheese, and 8 quarters of pepperoni. Then sprinkle with additional parmesan, salt, and Italian seasoning
- Place into your greased air fryer basket.
- Air fry 4 halves at a time for 2-4 minutes or until the cheese is melted then serve and enjoy!
How long to cook
These homemade bagel bites take 2-4 minutes to cook in an air fryer that’s been preheated to 400 degree F.
You’ll know they’re done when the edges of the bagels are slightly crispy and golden-brown and the cheese is fully melted.
Can you bake bagel bites?
You can definitely bake bagel bites in the oven, it just takes a little bit longer.
If you don’t have an air fryer, place the assembled bagel bites on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat and bake at 400 degrees F for 10-20 minutes or until the bagels are slightly crispy and the cheese has melted.
These air fryer bagel bites are so much fun because you can play around with toppings the same way you might with pizza! Here are some ideas.
- Use a different meat. Try sausage or Canadian bacon…or make it “meat-lovers” and use all three!
- Make them vegetarian/vegan. Leave off the pepperoni to make these vegetarian and swap the cheese out for dairy free cheese if vegan.
- Try other pizza toppings. Finely diced pieces of any of your favorite pizza toppings will work. Black olives, red onion, mushroom, pineapple, jalapenos, green pepper, you name it!
What to serve with pizza bagel bites
These bagel bites are great as a light lunch or afternoon snack served alongside some lighter sides!
How to Make Freezer Friendly Bagel Bites
These bagel bites are great made in advance and so perfect for meal prep:
- Make the bagel bites as directed, but instead of air frying, place the assembled bagel bites onto a silicone mat lined baking sheet.
- Cover pan with saran wrap (be careful to not knock any of the cheese/pepperoni off).
- Place in the freezer until frozen, about 8 hours or overnight.
- Place frozen bagel bites into freezer safe containers for up to 3 months.
- Cook as directed, adding additional time, as needed.
How to store
Cooked air fryer bagel bites are best right away, but leftovers will last in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days or in the freezer for 2-3 months.
To reheat, thaw in the fridge if frozen then bake or air fry again to warm and re-crisp.
Air Fryer Bagel Bites
Equipment for this recipe
- Miniature bagels
- Pizza sauce
- Parmesan cheese
- Shredded cheese I used a mozzarella, provolone, parmesan, and asiago blend
- Pepperoni quartered
- salt to taste
- Italian seasoning to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Separate bagels and place each half onto a baking sheet or clean work surface.
- For each bagel half:
- Spread 1 tablespoon sauce on the top.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon parmesan.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Top with 8 pepperoni quarters.
- Sprinkle with an additional 1/2 teaspoon parmesan.
- Sprinkle with salt and Italian seasoning, to taste.
- Grease air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Air fry 4 halves at a time in preheated air fryer for 2-4 minutes (3 was perfect for me) or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.