Turkey Smoked Sausage Dip in Mini Bread Bowls are life changing! Pre-made dinner rolls stuffed with turkey smoked sausage, cream cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, green chiles, and spices. The most perfect, portable, ridiculously creamy and delicious tailgating snack!
Today’s post is sponsored by our friends at Eckrich!
I’ll be honest. I’m a warm weather girl. That’s one of the reasons we moved from the Midwest to North Carolina. 😉 That being said, I always look forward to fall.
I love the crisp, fresh air. I love the cozy sweaters. I love the salted caramel apple and pumpkin spice flavored everything. And yes, I even love the football . . . food.
Trevor and I have lived SO many places that no matter if we’re rooting for teams in Washington, Wisconsin, Iowa, or North Carolina . . . there’s always one thing that we can root for with everyone . . . good football food.
Whether you’re celebrating at home, in the stadium, or somewhere in between, Eckrich has everything you need to score touchdowns with your game day menu all season long!
Today, we scored big time. Enter: Turkey Smoked Sausage Dip in Mini Bread Bowls.
While I love my carbs (yes, I’m talking to you warm and delicious bread bowl), the true MVP of today’s recipe is the dip.
Ingredients in Turkey Smoked Sausage Dip:
- Eckrich Turkey Skinless Smoked Sausage Rope aka the MVP of the MVP 😉
- As with all their products, this flavor of smoked sausage is made with the perfect blend of spices and is SO versatile, easy to cook with, and a guaranteed crowd-pleaser! #score
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Diced tomatoes with green chiles
- If you love spicy food, you can also use diced tomatoes with habaneros . . . it’s delish.
- Spices: onion powder and garlic powder
To make the Turkey Smoked Sausage Dip, you’ll start by dicing then browning the sausage in a large non-stick sauté pan. Then you’ll stir in the cream cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, and spices . . . then . . .
Oh wait, that’s IT! I mean. Could it BE any easier?!
You could absolutely serve this dip in a big bowl with crackers, chips, and bread on the side.
Mini bread bowls are so much more fun and portable! Plus, they’re super easy:
- Grab 12 small dinner rolls.
- I used a frozen dough that I let rise and bake, but pre-made is fine, too!
- Warm the dinner rolls.
- Using a knife, cut a circle in the top of each roll. Then take the top off.
- Press the inside of the roll down and to the sides to create a cavity.
- Fill with warm dip!
Again, that’s it! This recipe is SO easy, making it the perfect tailgating snack.
A crusty, warm, sweet dinner roll stuffed with the CREAMIEST, perfectly seasoned Turkey Smoked Sausage Dip . . .
. . . I don’t care what team you root for, as long as you’re also rooting for Team Sausage Dip. 😉
Do you need more game day eats and treats? Show Me the Yummy!
Turkey Smoked Sausage Dip in Mini Bread Bowls
- 1 (13 oz) package Eckrich Turkey Skinless Smoked Sausage Rope diced
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese cubed
- 1 (8 oz) container sour cream
- 1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers drained*
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste if necessary (I didn’t need any)
- 12 small dinner rolls
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat heat.
- Once hot, add in sausage and cook for 5 minutes. The sausage is already cooked, you’re just looking to get some nice color on the sausage pieces. Stir every minute or so.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, onion powder, and garlic powder. Stir until the cream cheese has fully melted.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Set aside, but keep warm.
- Using a knife, cut a circle in the top of each roll.
- Take the top off, then press the inside of the roll down and to the sides to create a cavity.
- Fill with warm dip.
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.
As the Official Smoked Sausage and Deli Meat of the College Football Playoff, Eckrich is pumped to bring back their “Road to the National Championship” sweepstakes.
Fans around the country will have the chance to make a 15-yard throw for $1M during some of the biggest college football games of the season, including the 2019 College Football Playoff National Championship.
Local Raleigh friends, Eckrich is hosting a throw on Nov. 2 in Chapel Hill at the North Carolina vs. Virginia game . . . will we see you there?!
Want more details? Want to enter for a chance to win? Visit www.EckrichFootball.com!
Wanna be the MVP of your next tailgate or homegate for recipe? Visit Eckrich.com for inspiration, product information, and where to buy.
Thanks again to Eckrich for sponsoring today’s post!