This Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe is moist, dense, and full of flavor! Serve with your favorite toppings depending on the season!
I had some pretty great friends in high school, so naturally, our parents became friends as well.
One summer, a group of us and our families got together quite frequently.
And let me tell you.
There was ALWAYS good food.
I remember there being kebabs, homemade salsas (Maria or Filipe if you’re reading this, I NEED that recipe 😉 ), AND . . .
Cream Cheese Pound Cake.
I was never really a pound cake person . . . until this recipe. It’s velvety smooth, PACKED with flavor, and soooo dense and yummy.
I DID adapt the original recipe, because I just can’t help myself, but Judy, thank you SO much for making me fall in love with pound cake. 😉
I love this Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe, because you can make it all year round.
During the spring and summer, top it with berries and ice cream.
During the winter, serve it with an orange cranberry sauce.
Since we’re currently in the middle of fall, today, I’ve decided to serve it up with apple slices, pecans, a caramel drizzle, and freshly whipped cream <– Y.U.M.
Whatever you decide, whatever the season, I swear to you, it WILL be amazing.
This Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe, of course, starts with – you guessed it – cream cheese.
Cream that together with butter until fluffy, about a minute.
Then you’ll add in sugar, eggs, egg yolks, vanilla extract, and almond extract <– not optional, it adds SO much flavor and I actually find this cake to be really bland without it.
Cream THAT together until well combined, then stir in flour, cornstarch, and salt.
Bake it in a loaf pan for about an hour and a half and the result is the MOST moist, tender, flavorful, dense, pound cake with a nice crisp outer layer.
It’s seriously SO good you guys, so what are you waiting for?!
Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe
Equipment for this recipe
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter softened to room temperature (3/4 cups = 1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 (4 oz) package cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and grease a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, using your hand mixer, cream butter and cream cheese together until fluffy, about a minute.
- Pour in sugar, eggs, egg yolks, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- Beat until combined.
- Add in flour, cornstarch, and salt, and mix until *JUST* combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake until an inserted toothpick comes out *ALMOST* clean (it's ok if a little sticks), about 1 hour 20 minutes - 1 hour 45 minutes.*
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then remove from pan, place on cooling rack, and continue cooling until ready to serve!
- Slice and serve with your choice of toppings! **Pictured: whipped cream, apple slices, caramel, and pecans**
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.