This one pot pasta is full of creamy goat cheese, meaty mushrooms, and juicy chicken! It only requires dirtying one dish and takes less than 30 minutes!
Here’s what you need to know:
You only dirty 1 dish and there are only 2 steps to this one pot pasta recipe!
Eeeek! It’s gonna be a good day. 🙂
I feel like I’m a broken record, but you guyyyyys it’s so hot outside! So hot that sometimes I’ll let my mind wander and I find myself wishing for cooler weather. We all know how much I’m going to regret that come December. Especially now, since we moved back to the midwest… hello sub-zero temperatures. Womp. Womp.
But for now, it’s hot and I’m all about recipes that don’t require me to turn on the oven or slave over a hot stove for more than a few minutes. One pot pasta tooooo the rescue!
If I’m being real with you though, this one pot pasta with chicken and goat cheese was born out of compromise.
I wanted my go-to pasta and red sauce. Yes. Like the jarred stuff. I can’t help it. It’s a guilty pleasure that I’ll ♡ forever! 🙈 Don’t hate me!
Trevor, however, wanted something slightly less processed 😉 and a little more substantial.
Both of us had zero energy, and I was seriously dreading cleaning up the kitchen if I was going to make anything more complicated than pasta and red sauce. But I decided to compromise, so I basically just threw everything into one pot. A little bit of this…a touch of that. I closed my eyes, crossed my fingers, hoped for the best…and just went with it.
If there was ever a time to say “winner winner chicken dinner”… NOW would be that time. 😉
This was definitely one of those “clean out the fridge” dinners, but what it turned in to, really blew me away.
Like I said, you need 1 pot. 1 POT, people. I just can’t get over it! Only one dirty dish after I’m done cooking? It’s like a cooks dream come true.
Then you only need to do 2 things to make this one pot pasta with chicken and goat cheese.
Step One: Saute chicken and mushrooms in your pot.
Step Two: Dump in everything else.
The everything else includes diced tomatoes, white wine, chicken broth, rigatoni, garlic, goat cheese, and dried basil.
This comes to a simmer. The chicken gets tender and the noodles soak up all of that super tasty sauce.
And then, ok I lied a little, there is one more step.
After the sauce has thickened, the noodles are tender, and the chicken has cooked through, you need to stir in a little parmesan cheese. You can totally handle that. 😉
The result is a super creamy, a little bit tangy, really filling one pot pasta that really did impress both Trevor and I!
1 dirty dish, chicken, pasta, wine…what’s not to love?
Do you guys want to see more one pot pasta recipes? Because I’m totally loving them! Show me the yummy!
One Pot Pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 - 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts* cut into large cubes
- 1 (4 oz) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16 oz) box rigatoni
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 (4 oz) log log goat cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- Heat a large stock pot over medium heat. Once hot add in olive oil and coat the pan.
- Add in the chicken chunks and sliced mushrooms.
- Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients: diced tomatoes, white wine, chicken broth, rigatoni, garlic, goat cheese, and dried basil.
- Stir to combine.
- Raise heat to high and bring to a simmer.
- Adjust heat, if necessary, and keep at a simmer for about 12-14 minutes or until the liquid has mostly absorbed, the noodles are tender, and the chicken is cooked. Make sure to stir regularly.
- In the last 2 minutes, stir in the parmesan.
- Add salt, to taste, if necessary.
- Let sit for about 5 minutes, so the sauce has a chance to thicken, and serve immediately!
*Note: Nutritional information is estimated and varies based on products used.