This One Pot Spring Pasta comes together in less than 30 minutes and is loaded with asparagus, sweet peas, and just a touch of goat cheese. The perfect, easy, vegetarian dinner!
That, my friends, is how you know you live in the midwest . . .
When 32 degrees feels like a heat wave.
It *almost* felt like flip flop weather.
Today, it’s back to back 20 degrees, but this weekend it’s supposed to be 60 and sunny!
One Pot Spring Pasta of course!
One dish wonders are where it’s at –> you can see ALL our one pot recipes here.
I love them for so many reasons:
- Ummm less dishes. Who doesn’t love that?!
- Minimal prep. (Usually.)
- Quick. This pasta comes together in like 20 minutes.
- Versatile. One pot pastas. Sheet pan chicken dinners. Etc.
I love today’s recipe, in particular, because the only “prep” is chopping some asparagus. #winning
Once the asparagus is chopped, you’ll throw everything into a large stockpot: whole grain large shells, veggie broth, white wine, garlic herb goat cheese, the asparagus, and peas.
Bring this to a simmer, cook for about 12 minutes – or until the pasta is cooked to your liking – and in the last 2 minutes, you’ll stir in a touch of parmesan.
Then you’ll serve it up and top it with a little chopped cilantro and toasted pine nuts and. . .
I mean. It doesn’t get easier than that!
You could totally throw in some chicken (or check out THIS one pot pasta recipe), but I wanted to keep today’s One Pot Spring Pasta Recipe vegetarian, light, and fresh!
Although this is a pretty light recipe – whole grain shells with just a bit of cheese – it’s ridiculously creamy, because the pasta gets cooked IN the veggie broth and soaks it all up.
Creamy. Light. Fresh. Loaded with spring vegetables. Less than 30 minutes from start to finish.
This One Pot Spring Pasta will surely be making a regular appearance at our dinner table!
Do you want to see more one pot recipes? Show Me the Yummy!
- 1 (16 oz) box whole grain large shells be sure to use LARGE shells, not medium/small, or you'll need to adjust your cook time
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup white wine can sub for more veggie broth if necessary
- 1 (4 oz) log garlic herb goat cheese can sub for garlic herb cream cheese
- 1 pound asparagus ends trimmed and cut into 6 pieces
- 1 (8.5 oz) can sweet peas drained
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- lemon juice
- toasted pine nuts
- chopped cilantro
- Place everything, minus parmesan and optional toppings, into a large stockpot.
- Bring to a simmer over medium high heat, stirring regularly to prevent sticking.
- Once simmering, simmer for about 12 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked to your liking. Again, stirring regularly to prevent sticking.
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately with optional toppings!