Easy Granola Cookie Bars. Sugar cookie base topped with a peanut butter caramel, granola, chocolate, and sea salt!
Today’s post is sponsored by our friends at Sweet Home Farm.
Helloo from somewhere on the East coast!
I *think* we’re in Delaware right now, but honestly I don’t really know, and I kinda love that. 🙂
We’re about halfway through our travel day from Portland, Maine to Ocean City, Maryland. (ICYMI – Trevor, Teddy, and I are on an epic year long road trip around the US & Canada).
It’s about a nine hour drive from Portland —> Ocean City, soooo we’re gonna need the essentials:
- Beverages <— water, but not too much. I need to stay hydrated, but I don’t want to be pulling over a million and one times
- Entertainment <— we’re listening to the second Serial podcast and loving it
- Snacks <— something sweet AND a little salty, please:
Helloo Granola Cookie Bars.
It’s no secret that I have a ginormous sweet tooth and I’m not gonna lie, I enjoy having the
occasional *errrr* every night sweet treat.
I’ve tried to fight it, but you know what?
Let’s all embrace our sweet tooths (sweet teeth??) and have some Granola Cookie Bars. You with me?!
The base of these granola cookie bars, is yep, you guessed it: granola and cookie.
The Granola: Sweet Home Farm Maple Pecan Granola is legit. Loaded with real maple, pecans, and oats, this granola is SO crunchy and full of flavor. 🙂
The Cookie: store bought sugar cookie dough <— helloo “Show Me the Yummy: EASY Recipes for Yummy Food”
Combine the granola with the cookie dough and press half of it in the bottom of a greased baking pan.
Bake the cookie/granola mixture.
While the base of these Granola Cookie Bars is baking, you’ll make what I like to call: the caramel-y goodness.
The Caramel-y Goodness: In a medium sized bowl, stir together peanut butter, caramel ice cream topping, flour, and sea salt. Caramel-y goodness is also known as heaven.
You’ll spread that mixture onto the baked and slightly cooled cookie granola crust, then top with chocolate chips and more granola.
You’ll then plop the remaining dough on top and bake the whole thing until it’s golden and gooey delicious.
Golden sweet sugar cookie, chewy, peanut buttery caramel, a touch of chocolate, a pinch of sea salt, and crunchy granola. And please. Don’t forget the ice cream. 🙂
These Granola Cookie Bars have got it going OOOOOOON and sure made our long nine hour drive a whole lot sweeter. 🙂
Granola Cookie Bars
Equipment for this recipe
- 1 (16 oz) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 cup Sweet Home Farm Maple Pecan Granola divided
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray an 8 or 9 inch non stick square pan with cooking spray.
- Place cookie dough and 1/2 cup granola into a large bowl. Use your hands to thoroughly combine.
- Press a little more than half of the dough evenly in bottom of pan. *Spray hands with cooking spray to avoid sticking*
- Bake 10- 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine caramel, peanut butter, flour, and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Pour mixture over cooled cookie crust. Carefully spread to within 1/4-inch from edge. *Spray spatula with cooking spray to avoid sticking while spreading*
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and remaining granola.
- Crumble and gently press the remaining cookie dough over bars.
- Bake 25-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 20 minutes - 1 hour, cut, and serve with ice cream and an extra drizzle of caramel!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.
Thanks again to Sweet Home Farm for sponsoring today’s post!