These Vegan Granola Bars are literally dessert bars made out of granola. They’re full of crunchy textures, amazing peanut butter flavor, naturally sweetened with maple syrup, and definitely my new favorite dessert.
Ok. Do you guys remember that super awesome vegan granola I made a few weeks back? Well it’s making another appearance, this time, in the form of granola bars.
You guys. These Vegan Granola Bars are literally dessert bars that are made out of granola. Get it? 🙊
You can thank my late night sweet tooth for this one.
This recipe evolved over time. First, I would just snack on the granola plain. I mean, it’s amazing, so it’s p.e.r.f.e.c.t. on its own.
But then I had the genius idea to add chocolate chips to my granola. I mean, when isn’t it a good time to add chocolate chips to granola.
But THEN, I really wanted something peanut buttery, so I placed the vegan granola into a small bowl, topped it with a handful of chocolate chips and a generous scoop of peanut butter. Then I microwaved it until it was warm and gooey and ohmygosh I just about died and went to heaven.
It was so good that Trevor and I proceeded to eat this concoction for like 7 days in a row. . . maybe more.
It was SO good that I had to figure out a way to turn it into a recipe, so I could share it with you guys. That being said, if you’re feeling lazy (no judgement here 😉 ), seriously, just make some of the vegan granola, toss in some chocolate chips, peanut butter, and throw it in the microwave.
Today, however, we’re taking the extra (seriously easy) step and turning that granola into these crazy delicious vegan granola bars.
Who’s with me?!
As with 99.99% of my recipes, this Vegan Granola Bars Recipe is ridiculously easy. Once you’ve made the vegan granola, simply measure out four cups of it and set it aside.
Then in a small sauce pan, you’re going to boil maple syrup.
Once it’s cooked, all that’s left is to stir in peanut butter, vanilla, and salt, mix it together with the granola and chocolate chips, and press it into an 8×8 in square baking pan.
Easy peasy! So delicious.
These vegan granola bars remind me of peanut butter scotcheroos, but THESE are naturally sweetened, vegan, and so full of texture.
Side note: I’m guessing you could go ahead and use your favorite granola. H.O.W.E.V.E.R. Let me tell you about my homemade vegan granola.
It’s yummy and delicious and is full of oats, pecans, almonds, coconut, cinnamon, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. ♡
This + that maple syrup, peanut butter, vanilla, salt combo is just. . . amazing.
These Vegan Granola Bars are best served cold or at room temperature, are full of crunchy textures, amazing peanut butter flavor, naturally sweetened with maple syrup, and definitely my new favorite dessert.
Vegan Granola Bars Recipe
Equipment for this recipe
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups granola
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Line an 8x8 square baking pan with parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place maple syrup in a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat and bring the maple syrup to a boil.
- Once boiling, boil for one minute.
- Remove the boiled maple syrup from the heat, then add in the peanut butter, vanilla, and salt.
- Stir until smooth.
- Place the granola in a large bowl, then pour maple syrup mixture over the top. Stir well, until all of the granola is well coated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Allow the bars to cool completely before slicing and serving*
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.