This refreshing Mojito takes just 5 minutes and 5 ingredients to make! Made with fresh mint and lime juice, it’s the perfect cool, summer cocktail. Make a pitcher for a crowd or a single serving for yourself!
Warm weather calls for cool, fresh, light, and delicious cocktails. And that’s just what this mojito is! The perfect way to enjoy a hot Summer day. 🙂
PSST – whether you’re wanting a pitcher for a crowd or a single serving for yourself, we’ve got you covered!
What is a mojito?
A mojito is a classic Cuban cocktail made with white rum, sweetener, lime, mint, and club soda. Served “on the rocks” aka over ice in a tall highball glass.
It’s super simple, super fresh, and super yummy!
Just 5 ingredients needed for the most refreshing cocktail.
- Fresh Mint Leaves – muddled to release flavor; extra for garnish!
- Lime Juice – use freshly squeezed for the best flavor. Bottled lime juice will work in a pinch.
- Simple Syrup – a quick and easy sweetener made with granulated sugar and water. See how to make simple syrup for instructions!
- Rum – white rum is light and sweet in taste, making it perfect for this delicate cocktail. Do NOT use dark rum.
- Club Soda – for topping. Adds carbonation and extra freshness.
How to make
This cocktail takes just 5 minutes…and it’s so worth it!
- Muddle your mint in a mason jar or your favorite tall drinking glass.
- Add in lime juice, simple syrup, and rum then stir to combine.
- Top with club soda and enjoy!
How to make simple syrup
Simple syrup couldn’t be easier to make. You can make it on the stove or even in the microwave.
How to make simple syrup on the stove: place granulated sugar and water into a saucepan then simmer until the sugar has dissolved, about 5-10 minutes, stirring regularly.
How to make simple syrup in the microwave: place granulated sugar and water into a microwave safe measuring cup and heat until the sugar has dissolved, about 2-3 minutes.
Either way, cool the mixture completely, then transfer it to a mason jar or bottle and store it in the fridge until ready to use! Simple syrup lasts for quite some time in the fridge so feel free to make extra to have around!
What liquor to use
An authentic mojito uses white rum. The sweeter, lighter, more subtle flavor pairs perfectly with the freshness of the lime and mint. Don’t use a dark spiced rum because the bolder flavor takes away from the delicate nature of the mint.
How to make a pitcher of mojitos
The recipe listed below is for a single cocktail, but if you’re hosting a party, it’s super easy to multiply the recipe to make more drinks at once!
Use these numbers to make a pitcher:
- 60 fresh mint leaves
- 6 ounces fresh lime juice
- 6 ounces simple syrup
- 12 ounces white rum
Muddle the mint, then mix the above ingredients together in the pitcher. Store in the fridge until you’re ready to use. When you’re ready to serve, fill glasses with ice, fill with the mojito mixture, then top each glass with club soda. This ensures that each drink is perfectly bubbly and isn’t watered down!
Want some other flavors? Try out my blueberry peach mojito or this sparkling watermelon mojito recipe! Here are some other variations to try out:
- Make it fruity. Muddle in pineapple, berries, orange, mango, or watermelon.
- Cucumber-Mint. Add another layer of freshness with some muddled cucumber.
- Spicy Mojito. Mix some fresh jalapeño in with the fresh mint.
- Blend it up. Make a frozen mojito by throwing everything in a blender with some ice.
- Coconut. Give it a tropical twist with a splash of coconut milk or coconut water.
- Pomegranate. Try muddling in some pomegranate seeds and topping it off with a splash of pomegranate juice.
You can even try mixing and matching flavors and variations. Pineapple-coconut, spicy mango, coconut strawberry, etc! Get creative!
How to store
This mojito is best served right away for ultimate freshness. It takes just 5 minutes to throw together so I highly recommend making it right before you’re ready to drink!
Cheers! As always, please drink responsibly!
Equipment for this recipe
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 2 ounces white rum
- club soda for topping
- Gently muddle the mint in a mason jar or your favorite drinking glass.
- Pour in lime juice, simple syrup, and rum.
- Stir to combine.
- Stir in ice.
- Top with club soda and enjoy!
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.