This honey strawberry lemonade only has four ingredients and is naturally sweetened! Perfect for kids! Add a shot of gin for an adults only cocktail!
The funny thing about me, is that I always HAVE to be drinking something. I’ve been doing quite a few S’Mores Iced Coffees lately. Most of the time it’s ice water out of my camelbak (seriously I ♡ those things), but sometimes I get bored and need something a liiiitle more exciting more my tastebuds.
That’s where this honey strawberry lemonade comes in. A few days ago, I was bored of my water and had a hankering for some lemonade. Often, lemonade can be so sugary it makes my teeth hurt… literally, so I decided to ditch the store bought, sugar laden lemonade, and make my own, using honey as the only sweetener!
Let me tell you… I think I’m in love with honey sweetened lemonade. It adds more flavor and the honey goes perfectly with the tart lemons and strawberries.
I knew that I wanted to make a simple syrup for this honey strawberry lemonade. I wasn’t sure if honey would be too sticky to fully incorporate into the drink and I wanted the strawberry flavor, but I didn’t want chunks of strawberry floating around, and I was far too lazy to make a strawberry puree.
Then a little lightbulb went off, because about a month ago, I made a Blueberry Peach Mojito that I used a homemade blueberry simple syrup to put together.
I used the same idea, today, but I swapped the sugar for honey and the blueberries for strawberries. The honey melts into the water and the strawberries infuse their flavors, but you strain the leftovers out after the simple syrup has cooked, so there’s no chunks!
Now all that’s left is to mix the honey strawberry simple syrup with freshly squeezed lemon juice and water.
There’s basically 3 ingredients in this honey strawberry lemonade and it’s ahhh-mazing.
1. The honey strawberry simple syrup: water + honey + strawberries = magic.
2. Freshly squeezed lemon juice. I’d definitely suggest buying a good lemon juicer for this task!
Seriously. That’s it.
I should also mention that I originally made this honey strawberry lemonade on a Friday and helllloooo it’s Friday again! After I made and photographed the recipe, it was cocktail time! My original thought was to add a little vodka to my lemonade, but darn it, I didn’t have any!
But it was Friday and it was time to celebrate with a cocktail…what to do, what to dooo?
I told Trevor to pick between “gin, bourbon, and vanilla schnapps, because that’s what we have”, he went with gin, and holy moly something amazing was born.
This honey strawberry lemonade was m.a.d.e. to be served over ice with a splash of gin for the adults! The floral notes of the gin really complement the sweet honey and tart lemons. Umm why don’t I have another one right now?!
Perfect for kids. Perfect for adults.
THIS is the drink of all summer drinks!
Honey Strawberry Lemonade
Equipment for this recipe
Honey Strawberry Simple Syrup - makes enough for 2 pitchers
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Sliced strawberries about 5 oz
Honey Strawberry Lemonade - 1 pitcher
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cups water
- 3/4 cups honey strawberry simple syrup
Honey Strawberry Simple Syrup
- In a medium sized sauce pan, combine honey and water. Place over medium heat and stir until the the honey has melted into the water - this will take a couple minutes.
- Raise the heat to medium high, stir in strawberries and bring to a simmer.
- Once it starts simmering, keep it at a simmer for 3-4 minutes or until the strawberries have started to break down.
- You may need to adjust your heat up/down to maintain a simmer.
- Carefully strain the strawberry mixture through a fine mesh strainer and let cool to room temperature. Use immediately or store in the fridge for up to a week in a closed container.
Honey Strawberry Lemonade
- In a large pitcher, mix together lemon juice, water, and half of the simple syrup (3/4 cups)!
- Chill until ready to use.
- Serve over ice!*
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.