At only 150 calories, these Healthy Chocolate Banana Muffins are healthy enough for breakfast, but indulgent enough for dessert! Vegan. Gluten Free. Made in ONE bowl.
These Healthy Chocolate Banana Muffins are honestly mind blowing. Make them and I promise you, nobody will ever know they’re healthy.
These bad boys are healthy enough for breakfast, but I’ve definitely had them for dessert (warmed in the microwave with a scoop of ice cream, please and thank you).
The best part?
They’re made in ONE dish: the food processor!
Sounds weird, but it’s totally genius.
Who’s ready for some Healthy Chocolate Banana Muffins?!
I have a confession.
I don’t really like bananas.
I mean. I like bananas IN things: smoothies, breads, my Dairy Queen blizzards (did you guys ever try the banana cream pie blizzard? It’s heaven)… but just to sit down and snack on a banana?
Hmmm, no thanks.
But the thing is, I WANT to like snacking on bananas, so I always buy a bunch.
Inevitably, however, the bananas go untouched, until they’re nice and browned and then I turn them into baked goods.
My latest creation?
This Healthy Chocolate Banana Muffins Recipe, of course!
While these are so so so DELICIOUS, my favorite part is actually how EASY they are to make.
Grind old fashioned oats (gluten free if you’re gluten free) in your favorite food processor.
Once it resembles a flour, add cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, natural peanut butter, dark brown sugar, vanilla, almond milk, vinegar, and mashed bananas to the ground oats to the food processor.
Blend until smooth, then stir in your fave vegan dark chocolate chips.
Now, all that’s left is to scoop ’em into your muffin tin and bake ’em up!
These Healthy Chocolate Banana Muffins are great right outta the oven or store the leftovers at room temperature, in sealed tupperware, then reheat in the microwave!
They also store really well in the freezer!
These Healthy Chocolate Banana Muffins are ultra moist with very little oil and just a hint of all natural no sugar added peanut butter, subtly sweet from the ripe bananas and teeny tiny TOUCH of brown sugar, and are studded with melty, rich dark chocolate.
In other words, these muffins are heaven.
What banana recipe should I make next? Show Me the Yummy!
- 2 cups old fashioned oats use gluten free if you’re gluten free
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup natural no sugar added peanut butter room temperature*
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 large ripe bananas 1 cup mashed
- 1/2 - 1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips **
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line then grease a standard 12-slot muffin tin with muffin wrappers and cooking spray.
- Place old fashioned oats in food processor.
- Process until it resembles flour.
- Add in cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, peanut butter, brown sugar, vanilla, almond milk, vinegar, and bananas.
- Process until smooth, then stir in chocolate chips.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop batter into prepared tin.
- Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes, then lower the temperature to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Serve warm! Store leftovers at room temperature in sealed containers and re-heat in microwave to serve.
* This post contains affiliate links. We receive a commission on purchases made via these links. The price you pay is not affected by using them.